iPhone 4S photos

Wandered down to Lymington Quay this dull morning to take a few pics with my new iPhone 4S.

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

Really impressive when you consider these shots come from a phone camera, getting to be as good quality as any high end compact, I was told by a photographic sales assistant a few weeks back that some of these top of the range phones are starting to kill off the compact market, when you look at the Nokia lumia 920, Carl Zeiss lens F2.0 aperture + HD video, makes you wonder why would you bother buying a compact.

Jamie

Re: RE: iPhone 4S photos

pugh-the-special-one said:
Really impressive when you consider these shots come from a phone camera, getting to be as good quality as any high end compact, I was told by a photographic sales assistant a few weeks back that some of these top of the range phones are starting to kill off the compact market, when you look at the Nokia lumia 920, Carl Zeiss lens F2.0 aperture + HD video, makes you wonder why would you bother buying a compact.

Jamie

This pretty much explains the demise of Jessops.

93 degrees F at Wisley yesterday so tripod and Nikon camera stayed at home. Grabbed a few shots in the general direction of some subject matter, into the iMac and a bit of cropping. Not perfect but OK. More examples of the use of the iPhone for general record shots. And it's a view of the adjoining golf course from a sheltered seat by the stream in Wisley gardens.

And there are loads of apps that let you modify your photos:[attachment=7963]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374618804.498906.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374618804.498906.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 56
when you look at the Nokia lumia 920, Carl Zeiss lens F2.0 aperture + HD video, makes you wonder why would you bother buying a compact.
Becuse you can do a lot more with a compact than most phones - the limitation with a phone is going to be the optics
That said you can get a good shot with a phone if the subject matter is well lit and bold and not too far away
9341862395_0fc845c4ab_n.jpg
Samsung SIII

9346909004_d323abc2cd_n.jpg
Sony Cybershot

Great pics all!

I did my City and Guilds over three years in pre digital days. I was fearful of darkroom activity but really enjoyed it in the end. I amassed a lot of gear and used a heavy medium format camera and large Benbo tripod. Light meter was in constant use. It was very satisfying to produce photos when you had to get everything right first time. For all that, I love this modern world of photography. It is just so easy to grab a satisfying shot and turn it into something acceptable with a few clicks.

And it's going to get better.

Jamie

Wait 'til the Nokia Lumia 1020 lands. That might just tempt me.

Fido said:
93 degrees F at Wisley yesterday so tripod and Nikon camera stayed at home. Grabbed a few shots in the general direction of some subject matter, into the iMac and a bit of cropping. Not perfect but OK. More examples of the use of the iPhone for general record shots. And it's a view of the adjoining golf course from a sheltered seat by the stream in Wisley gardens.

What exactly is going on with the couple on the right of the first shot? They seem to be quite 'engrossed'..... for want of a better word!

Another photo with my 4s, prob obvious and known, but when you take a photo if you touch the screen it puts that aspect into focus or making it a focal point.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom