Introducing OSP's Sister company.....

OSP

d'Ardenne, Short& Bell

Hey gents. Hope you are well.

I have been very busy developing this new line of fragrances to accompany OSP.

I know a lot of you aren't on Facebook etc and of course I do not want to leave you out so here goes....

Ladies and Gents,
Very pleased to announce that d'Ardenne, Short & Bell is launching Thursday evening!
Five scents available, including our charity fundraising scent (NO.1) where £15 for each Shaving Soap and £7.50 for each Aftershave Balm will be donated to cancer research!
Feel free to take a look at the site and have a look. There will be 15% off everything (Except the charity items) over the bank Holiday weekend and don't forget that all orders over £30 get free UK shipping!
dsbell.co.uk

Last edited:
d'Ardenne, Short& Bell

Hey gents. Hope you are well.

I have been very busy developing this new line of fragrances to accompany OSP.

I know a lot of you aren't on Facebook etc and of course I do not want to leave you out so here goes....

Ladies and Gents,
Very pleased to announce that d'Ardenne, Short & Bell is launching Thursday evening!
Five scents available, including our charity fundraising scent (NO.1) where £15 for each Shaving Soap and £7.50 for each Aftershave Balm will be donated to cancer research!
Feel free to take a look at the site and have a look. There will be 15% off everything (Except the charity items) over the bank Holiday weekend and don't forget that all orders over £30 get free UK shipping!
dsbell.co.uk

Hi - any info on the cost of the fragrances? I can't seem to locate pricing yet on the site?

Just wondering what the idea was behind the new soaps? Presume they will be running alongside the normal ones? Are they significantly different other than the scents?

Good luck with it all!

Just wondering what the idea was behind the new soaps? Presume they will be running alongside the normal ones? Are they significantly different other than the scents?

Good luck with it all!
From what I can see, this is the vegan range )( the tallow range?

Reactions: MPH

Good luck with it all!
From what I understand the sister co will be producing soaps using synthetic scents, therfore a larger range of scented soaps to choose from. The origanal OSP soaps will still be produced as they have been.

Hey gents.

Sorry, first day in a new job so I'm an it all over the place.

I have wanted to use synthetic scents to give myself a level playing field with all the other soapers out there. Plus it gives me a host of new fragrances to play with.

Because OSP is all about natural products I needed a new company to make these soaps under so here it is!

All products are vegan. The soap is very similar to my cream. Kind of inspired by it but it's a solid (yet very soft) soap.

Prices are almost identical to OSP at £14.95 for 140g of soap and £9.95 for 70g of aftershave balm.

Some of you may remember my last forts to raise money for charity last year, well this year I am continuing this with a charity soap and balm. Balm is the same price but the soap is £20.

I will be starting to take orders on Thursday evening at 8pm. Over the bank holiday there is 15% off everything and free shipping on all UK orders over £30.

Bear in mind that there will be a ten day pre - order period so no orders will be shipped until the 23rd April

My first tub of D'ardenne, Short & Bell Captain arrived yesterday.

Packaging - Simple and elegant.
Scent - Stunning, really strong clove and completely addictive!
Lather - Did a test lather last night and i found it needed a little more water than some of my other soaps but the later was silky soft and kept the scent beautifully.

It will be used in the morning and will post on SOTD.

One slight let down. The puck looked like it was cut off the soap block and dumped into the tub. Not smoothed down and packed into the tub, just not the standard that James has set with his OSP soaps. As I said, it is a small thing.

My first tub of D'ardenne, Short & Bell Captain arrived yesterday.

Packaging - Simple and elegant.
Scent - Stunning, really strong clove and completely addictive!
Lather - Did a test lather last night and i found it needed a little more water than some of my other soaps but the later was silky soft and kept the scent beautifully.

It will be used in the morning and will post on SOTD.

One slight let down. The puck looked like it was cut off the soap block and dumped into the tub. Not smoothed down and packed into the tub, just not the standard that James has set with his OSP soaps. As I said, it is a small thing.
Thanks for letting us know! I actually don't like doing this but this soap is so soft and sticky (like blu tack) when put in tubs it just goes everywhere!

Thanks for letting us know! I actually don't like doing this but this soap is so soft and sticky (like blu tack) when put in tubs it just goes everywhere!

Sorry James, I hate saying anything negative about an artisan product, particularly yours. I am so looking forward to using it tomorrow morning.

Don't be silly. I love constructive feedback but this is the one aspect of the soap that i cannot control at the minute. You never know what may happen in the future though!

My SOTD review

First run out with the ASB Captain from James at OSP. This soap is something totally different, it is firm, but soft; smooth to the touch but actually quite sticky. The scent is a heady one of cloves and it is completely addictive. Due to it's stickiness it took just one swirl round the bowl to load my brush. I always bowl lather and this one swirl created a ton of soft, gorgeous lather.

On the skin it provides a good covering and is easy to get into the bristles. The shave was smooth and I felt that the soap provided a good cushion and reasonable glide.

Post shave my skin felt a little sticky but that only lasted until the application of a moisturiser. The soap leaves a nice scent on the skin that is still in the background an hour later.

As I said this was a first run and I think there are a couple of tweaks needed to the lathering process. Tomorrow the bloom will be a very quick one and I will use the moisture from the brush to provide that little bit more more water that I think this soap needs.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely, in heartbeat. Is it as good as OSP with which it will undoubtedly be compared? All I can say it is different to OSP, and would be a welcome addition to any shave den. I am confident that James has a winner with this.

Back
Top Bottom