This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ingredients

Discussion in 'Shaving Help' started by Aaron1983, Monday May 14, 2018.

1. Aaron1983

Aaron1983

Is there any ingredients in shave soaps that irritate your skin?

Im not sure what it is but certain soaps irritate mine. Ie, stirling seems to leave a burning/sting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sabre

Sabre

Aaron1983 likes this.
  3. Sabre

Sabre

4. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Fortunately, those nanny state regs are not in effect outside the EU. ;)

Aaron1983 likes this.
  5. Sabre

Sabre

Do Maurer + Wirtz or L'Occitane produce North American versions of Tabac or Cade?

North American firms who export have to comply.

Aaron1983 likes this.
  6. Scotshave

Scotshave

TOBS Sandalwood soap irritates me. It’s the only soap in my collection that did this.

7. pjgh

pjgh

Shea Bloody Butter ... yak!

8. Sabre

Sabre

Why what's wrong with Shea butter?

9. pjgh

pjgh

As per the OP ... it's an irritant. It doesn't penetrate well into the skin, leaving the effect of moisturised skin. Mushy, puffy and itchy. Most folks get away with it. Soap is better without it and there are better moisturisers. Best guess, it's trendy ... and cheap.

Oh, and also literally every American soap ... likely down to the hilarious quantities of essential oil slopped in as a poor apology for the quality of the actual soap.

10. Sabre

Sabre

I generally don't buy a soap unless it has Shea Butter. I have very sensitive skin. I have every skin condition going. I don't believe I have had a reaction. I wouldn't disbelieve anyone you said they had. Apart from Sweet Almond oil, I am not aware of many other moisturisers - Sunflower oil, Coconut oil.