In which hand do you hold your razor to shave?

I'm left handed, well I write with my left hand, play cue sports left handed but do every other sport right handed i.e. golf, cricket, racquet sports etc. I find it far more natural to shave with the razor in my left hand, but I can happily shave the right side of my face right handed without any problem, shaving the left side right handed feels at bit awkward...

So the question is, do you shave holding the razor in your predominant hand i.e your writing hand or do you use non-predominant hand or mix and match?

I'm right handed and I normaly use my right hand to shave my face with a DE/SE razor however having to use both hands with my Kamisori and western straights I find it easy enough to use my left hand when shaving the left side of my face with a DE/SE razor and sometimes find myself just doing it without thinking about it. So I guess it's a mix and match. :)

Last edited:
I'm left handed, that is I write with my left hand. Some things I can only do with my left hand, as you mentioned golf, cricket, racquet sports etc. Other things like the computer mouse, shooting etc. I prefer my right hand. I am very right footed playing football. At one time I managed to learn to write with my right hand when I injured my left hand.

With shaving I tend to use my left hand all the time, but have no problem if its easier to hold with my right. I suppose people have different degrees of ambidexterity.

Right handed but for my second pass I use my left hand on my left cheek (ear to nose). As it's the easiest part to shave, I thought it'd try training my left hand. Didn't take very long to learn but I've not been able to do any trickier bits left handed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom