I'm going on a diet....

I've been using MWF for the last week. I've tried loading this with a badger brush, tuxedo knot synthetic, dryer brush, soaking the puck prior to use and finally given up. Its never given me a good shave, i find that the lather dissipates very quickly on my face, to the point i have to lather half my face at a time and even then it provides insufficient cushion and causes irritation. I'm a hard water area so I'm thinking that this might be the issue, as I've seen other posts extolling its virtues, i've seen nothing in the last week that would encourage me to continue with it.

I have fairly hard water, but I manage to get a decent lather from it with Synthetic and boar, not badger. The brush makes a difference, and face lathering seems to work better as well. I really load the brush with about 35 swirls of the puck. It is common for people to have issues with it.

I just find it really dull in a world of so many interesting and great smelling shaving soaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd sell it on or give away, and buy something else to replace it, unless you have lots already?

I'm loving these soaps right now.

Cheap end: Tabac
Mid: OSP Bay Rum
Top: B&M Chypre

All outstanding soaps, with great fragrance. That's my biggest issue with MWF, it has a really boring smell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've been using MWF for the last week. I've tried loading this with a badger brush, tuxedo knot synthetic, dryer brush, soaking the puck prior to use and finally given up. Its never given me a good shave, i find that the lather dissipates very quickly on my face...

Bloom the soap with hot water in bowl while showering and then you need to load more soap on your brush after draining bloom water. That is the problem.

It's the Indian and not the arrow. ;)

One of the best shaving soaps on the planet. There must be something you are not doing that you should? Contrary to popular belief it doesn't need a Unicorn under the new moon to produce a great lather. Soak your puck in water for a day after you get it and keep it hydrated after that with the occasional top up of water. Soak the brush as usual then just load it as normal. no need to load it as if you hate it or hold the puck upside down, it will be fine with just normal pressure from the brush tips and a normal load then just apply to the fizzog or bowl and it will give a fantastic lather with minimal fuss.

... the Fat chooses you, or it doesn't.
I think you've hit the nail on the head.
I live in a hard water area but loved the ceramic dish so much I took a risk.
It appreciated the risk I took and repaid me with super lather and fantastic post shave.

Mumbo jumbo?
Yes I hear some say, but why else is the wonderful MWF denying unbelievers its bounties?

@Sherbet66, I suggest kneeling and prostrating before it three times daily.

Last edited:
I cheated with it. I put it in a TOBS cream tub and added water to it for 3 or 4 days, worked brilliantly, it swelled up to fill tub. swirl the brush on the soap for 5 or 6 seconds for loads of lather. :)
I will probably buy loads of it i like it that much

I used it for the first time this week in a hard water area with no issues.

The only thing I did out of the ordinary was leaving it to soak overnight. It took no more than 15 seconds of firm lathering with a not too wet synthetic brush to get things started, before I continued on my face adding a little extra water.

The final lather was outstanding apart from the scent which is a tad meh

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I'm in a hard water area, but never have any problem with MWF.

I bloom it while I'm in the shower, and use the bloom ater as a pre-shave. I'd swear that if I used a brush on my face then, I'd prob get the bloom water to lather enough to shave with.

After blooming, only takes a few seconds to load the brush, and then get loads of latehr in a bowl.

I also noticed that giving it a good drink initially, it swelled to fit the ceramic dish.

Likely to be in my rotation for years to come.

Cheers, John

Back
Top Bottom