I need some advice (item said delivered by Royal Mail, but not received)

postman-pat-300x231.jpg

I guess that should have happened to many of you.

I was supposed to receive my Yaqi brush yesterday, thanks to the text messages and confirmation email, stating that the parcel had either been delivered to my domicile or a neighbour.

Oddly enough, this evening, when I got home, neither a parcel or a card were left and my neighbour did not received my parcel either, whereas the tracking shows the complete item itinerary from China to my place in SW London.

To my surprise, the service provided by RM is usually impeccable.

My first reaction was to contact RM by email and make a complaint. What kind of recourse do I have?

postman-pat-300x231.jpg

I guess that should have happened to many of you.

I was supposed to receive my Yaqi brush yesterday, thanks to the text messages and confirmation email, stating that the parcel had either been delivered to my domicile or a neighbour.

Oddly enough, this evening, when I got home, neither a parcel or a card were left and my neighbour did not received my parcel either, whereas the tracking shows the complete item itinerary from China to my place in SW London.

To my surprise, the service provided by RM is usually impeccable.

My first reaction was to contact RM by email and make a complaint. What kind of recourse do I have?
If you have not received the Red card through your door I would wait for a couple of days, if nothing has happened then, ask to see proof of delivery.

when I ordered my wolf whiskers brush and went on the the Royal Mail site to track it I got the same thing saying delivered and started to get a bit worried but I gave it a few days first because I was expecting import fees before I received it, 2 or 3 days later I got a card through the door telling me to pay the fees before delivery so it could well be something similar but I don't know if they charge when importing from China

when I ordered my wolf whiskers brush and went on the the Royal Mail site to track it I got the same thing saying delivered and started to get a bit worried but I gave it a few days first because I was expecting import fees before I received it, 2 or 3 days later I got a card through the door telling me to pay the fees before delivery so it could well be something similar but I don't know if they charge when importing from China
If the total cost including delivery is more than £15 it could attract vat and RM charges and a grey card will arrive within a week telling you what is owed.

I try to not worry but how comes that tracking says that the item has been delivered yesterday at 1:27pm? It's rather precise to me.

Concerning the proof of delivery, having previously received brushes from Yaqi, their parcels (more of a jiffy bag actually) usually pass without any problem through the hole of my door, so that the postman doesn't ask for any signature. That's why I find this story very bizarre...

If the total cost including delivery is more than £15 it could attract vat and RM charges and a grey card will arrive within a week telling you what is owed.
Always good to know I've never ordered anything more than a few £ from China but I do know we have an agreement of free trade with Turkey and don't incur charges and didn't know if we had something similar with China

I try to not worry but how comes that tracking says that the item has been delivered yesterday at 1:27pm? It's rather precise to me.

Concerning the proof of delivery, having previously received brushes from Yaqi, their parcels (more of a jiffy bag actually) usually pass without any problem through the hole of my door, so that the postman doesn't ask for any signature. That's why I find this story very bizarre...
Yeh I got a time it was delivered too, I've had some things from the US get through without charges and others haven't so it mite just be that you got lucky before

Have you got cctv that could disprove the package was supposed to have been delivered? I am sure the seller's will send you another brush if there is no signature to prove that you have received it. It is unusual but not unique, sometimes a parcel goes missing and I'm sure they just say it's been delivered in the hope you won't make a fuss about it.
Wait a couple of days and then if nothing gets delivered contact both the supplier and RM.

Always good to know I've never ordered anything more than a few £ from China but I do know we have an agreement of free trade with Turkey and don't incur charges and didn't know if we had something similar with China
Is Turkey part of the European union?
I know China, the US and many other places are not and therefore any goods over £15 if declared on the customs slip will attract vat and import duty and rm charges. Vampire's!

No Turkey isn't a part of the EU but we have an agreement of free trade with them so we can trade between one another an there is no charge. I have been stung many times ordering from other places like the US and agree they are vampires they know we can't order from there including delivery for under £15. I have placed some orders from the US of £60 though and had no charge on it

Have you got cctv that could disprove the package was supposed to have been delivered? I am sure the seller's will send you another brush if there is no signature to prove that you have received it. It is unusual but not unique, sometimes a parcel goes missing and I'm sure they just say it's been delivered in the hope you won't make a fuss about it.
Wait a couple of days and then if nothing gets delivered contact both the supplier and RM.

No CCTV, just my word (and the neighbour's). I do believe the Yaqi's brushes were sent just tracked, not signed for. Moreover, I've already sent an email to RM.

No Turkey isn't a part of the EU but we have an agreement of free trade with them so we can trade between one another an there is no charge. I have been stung many times ordering from other places like the US and agree they are vampires they know we can't order from there including delivery for under £15. I have placed some orders from the US of £60 though and had no charge on it
Certain US company's will put a low figure on the customs slip so you don't get charged, makes good business sense because you will return and buy from them again. :)

Back
Top Bottom