I going to try giving up smoking...Again

Well,after 30 years of smoking,I have decided to try and give up (failed very miserably in the past).
I finally bit the bullet,and spent £35 or so on an 'E ciggy' dongle,and some Golden Virginia taste alike stuff for it...
This should hopefully arrive next week...

http://www.jacvapour.com/basic-e-cigarette-starter-kit-for-beginners

All in stainless steel too.

Anyone else used one of these 'E ciggy' dongles?,did it help?,or failing that,how did you give up?.

Wish me luck...I certainly need it!.

I was a heavy smoker, started at age 8 but quit about ten years ago, I did use tobacco snuff from a very early age also and still use a little once in a while. Don't miss the cigs one bit, it even bothers me now when other people smoke in my presence. I wish you strength!

Best of luck Doc, took me forever and a day, been smoke free for 14 years now first 2 were a bitch, but I feel your pain.

My sons gone as mental about his Vape, as I have with my new shaving addiction, he seems to be doing well.

Thanks guys!.
I even started to smoke a pipe to try and cut down on the rollies,but that backfired,as I soon went onto good old fashioned Condor Long Cut,and other super strength plug style baccy,and ended up with a pipe sticking out my mouth all day,puffing away like a chimney...

Good luck! You gave me an idea of a e-cigarette with a DE head on the other end :)
Oh why did you put that idea in my head!....
I wouldn't recommend my method, although it is fairly unusual.
About 8 years ago I had a spontaneous hemopneumothorax when blisters in my lungs had burst, causing my lung to collapse.
Haven't had a cigarette since.
:eek:

So, you'll give up smoking by ... smoking something else instead. Hmmm ...

Weening off just puts you in a frame of mind that you can get by with smoking less. It's like when slobs go on a diet but still have a "treat". Huh! If you want to stop smoking, do so.

Make a decision, pick a date and do it. Stop!
It will be hell!

The actual chemical addiction is done and dusted within a mere couple of days. Beyond that you're dealing with other physiological effects as the poisons go out of your body and by the end of week one you will be feeling significantly better. That's where it starts ... and it will be a conscious decision NOT to smoke for a good few months. All in, I think it was 18 months for me.

I gave up over 10 years ago after a good 15 year habit which got ridiculous in the last couple of years. I always said "60 a day" but it was more like 80, more at weekends when work didn't get in the way. I picked the day and stopped. EVERYONE told me that I wouldn't do it and I should get the patches to help ween me off. I managed to bear a couple of days with patches, repeating the first day with each day. By the third day, I ditched the patches as they had not helped, not one iota. Everyone was WRONG - you stop by not doing it anymore. No weening, no crutches, stop.

Make a decision, pick a date and do it. Stop!
It will be hell!

Bon chance.

Good luck matey I've been of the stinkies for a little over two years.. My last roll up was on 15th October 2013 @15.00.. Not that I'm counting.
I did it using the ecig route as well.. I was told to stay away from E-Liquid that tried to be an alternative too tobbaco.. One it helps to brake you away from associating tastes with tobacco and two they taste like shi* and are nothing like tobacco.
I went down the route of sweet tasting eLiquid ie: custard toffee caramel flavours which are lush.. So you don't associate with smoking if that isn't your thing go for some fruit tasting eLiquid.
But whatever you decide perseverance and will power are the key.. If you need any more help on what gear to buy just ask [emoji6]

Well,after 30 years of smoking,I have decided to try and give up (failed very miserably in the past).
I finally bit the bullet,and spent £35 or so on an 'E ciggy' dongle,and some Golden Virginia taste alike stuff for it...

Anyone else used one of these 'E ciggy' dongles?,did it help?,or failing that,how did you give up?.

Wish me luck...I certainly need it!.

What's up Mike,

From what I understand about the E cig thing there's good and not so good parts to it. Not offending others as much is one and not actually inhaling burning nasty tobacco smoke particles is better health wise.

The less than wonderful part is the continued addiction to what's IN the tobacco, Nicotine is not good for people.......hard to believe I know. I would be curious what the success rate for people quitting by using some sort of vaping would be. Maybe as high or low as regular smokers stopping cigarettes?

If you wanna stop ingesting the nicotine part, you gotta not put any in your body and you have to want that image in your head a lot.

Being a former smoker I can tell you I wish I had quit even 10 years ago instead of only three. Yeah, even that would have helped reduce the COPD thing going on right now. The Docs always say that quitting at any time is smart though. Still.....waiting is dumb.

So you can either quit cold turkey or after a short try with the E cig system or patches or something. Or, stay with the vaping world for whatever the reasons.

Sheesh, sorry for the bold type.......stuck somehow.

Martin

Also a non smoker, but f*ck all that alternative smoking crap and just STOP.
Agree with a lot of Paul says and could be applied to anything similar.
If you have a good enough reason, (Arthur's certainly was!), then I imagine quitting will be easy.
My uncle quit many years ago after a heart scare. He simply stopped that day, even with his wife still smoking (to this day) around him, so I have no doubt that it can be done!
Good luck...

Keep at it you'll cough for the first two weeks but that will go. I've been vaping for four years if you need any advice or help let my know and as mentioned above don't go for tobacco liquid to start with if you do have a look at house of liquid. Good luck!

Ignore all the ''experts'' who think they know what's best for you. They don't. They only know what's worked for them. If cold Turkey works for you that's great, or patches, gum, hypnosis, e cigs, whatever. If running around at midnight dressed as a smurf helps that's just fine as well.

For ecig info have a look in ukvapers.org. It's another rabbit hole for some folks but it doesn't have to be. It also contains a lot of information about health risks, studies, legal situation etc. There's much more peer read research been done on the subject than the press would want you to believe.

Vaping is a great safer alternative to smoking but many have also found it an effective way to quit nicotine completely. You might be one of them, maybe not. There's no one size fits all method here.

Just to be transparent I've been vaping for nearly a year after 30 years heavy smoking. My intention was and still is to be nicotine free after a year. I'm not advocating vaping here. I'm advocating finding what works for you.

Back
Top Bottom