Hone Type 15-Second Batch

Although the Hone Type 15A seems to be a very interesting razor, the "old" brass Type 15 is still a possible addition to my shave den.
Do we know if there are any changes planned for the new batch, as far as its geometry is concerned?
I have read that the Type 15A is slightly more aggresive than the Type 15 and so I'd like to know if the new razor will have the exact same characteristics as the old one or if it will be more aggressive as well.
I suppose that the member @Hone would be the most appropriate person to give an answer here, but any other helpful information is also very welcome.

Although the Hone Type 15A seems to be a very interesting razor, the "old" brass Type 15 is still a possible addition to my shave den.
Do we know if there are any changes planned for the new batch, as far as its geometry is concerned?
I have read that the Type 15A is slightly more aggresive than the Type 15 and so I'd like to know if the new razor will have the exact same characteristics as the old one or if it will be more aggressive as well.
I suppose that the member @Hone would be the most appropriate person to give an answer here, but any other helpful information is also very welcome.
As far as I know the new batch will be the same as the origanal type 15, if and when any changes are made I'm sure Andrew will let us know, I know it was a question put to him and he said he would give it some thought and if the demand was there it may be a possibility for the future.

The Hone 15a is slightly more aggressive than the brass 15 but only slightly, Andrew said it was just a small tweak to compensate for the lack of weight the new 15a has. I have both and use both and I still prefer the brass 15 but that's a personal choice, the brass 15 with the right blade is a fantastic razor, I use Gillette Nacets in it and I love it. YMMV

Last edited:
Ah but that would depend on actual reviews in my case, it would have to be a sizeable increase in aggressiveness
I think he was just talking about the slight difference in the top cap as with the 15a in which case it would not be a great increase in aggressiveness , hopefully down the line there will be more than a tweak to the top cap , he did say in an email to me that he had other ideas in the pipeline so fingers crossed it will be an agressive Hone, hopefully in brass because ....I like it in brass, but whatever it's made of I hope it's got the bite of a R41! So yes you are quite correct, if he sees enough reviews saying the 15 is not aggressive enough he may do more than just tweak the 15. Fingers crossed. :)

Unlike you two, I would hope it doesn't become more aggressive...

Do we know approximately when the second batch will be released?
Even if a new aggressive model was released the 15 would still be in the Hone line up not to mention the 15a
@Blackmass will be able to give you more info on this next batch because he has been in contact with Hone regarding this very matter.
This month if not ready already!

Last edited:
Exactly @Blademonkey, as you had predicted that's great news!
What makes it even greater is the additional option of the 100mm handle for the "old" Type 15!!!

However on second thoughts, this will add even more weight to an already heavy razor... :confused:

I am quite interested in this as I felt the handle of the original was too short. I suppose the term 'new batch' could cover any geometry changes ...
The only changes are you can now have a 100mm handle if you wish.
It is only a new batch because he had sold out of the original batch and had to have these made.
I'm sure if there had been any changes to the razor he would have said in the email /News letter Andrew sent to @Blackmass.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom