Hi from North East England

New to the Shaving Room.
Hi from NE England where weather creates skin that is tough as old boots!
Constant moisturiser required after a shave, I personally like Aramis cream. Used it for years, but bit expensive now for nearly £17 per bottle on Amazon. Open to try other recommended moisturisers?
Re Shaving, used a G2 for years as I have difficulty with the gap between the top of the upper lip and the nose. Some razors are to thickly designed to negotiate there.
One again, open to suggestions?
I have used various blade razors as well over the years, but once again most are a problem with top of upper lip and getting in to the contour efficiently.
Any suggestions for a style/ model that may help?
Prefer a heavy long handle if possible.
I use various lather creams, lime Bond Street or similar. Happy with those type.
Same for brush, use boar type or similar, happy with those.

Would like to try the open blade razor. I used to be a Chef, so a well sharpened blade appeals to me.
Bit shaky though sometimes at 63yrs, so perhaps not for me these days?
Anyway, pleased to be accepted into the Forum of SR and look forward to discussion and advice.
Obviously if I can help anyone myself, please just ask! Shaving maybe, cooking definitely! Lol
All the best for 2018.

Hello mate - bit of a mixture in our home!
I was born & bred Coventry, but have lived up here nearly 50yrs!
My wife + children all born Sunderland!
Yourself?

Welcome to TSR. The Merkur shaves well for me. Have you looked at the Merkur 38C?
Would like to try the open blade razor. I used to be a Chef, so a well sharpened blade appeals to me.
A straight razor (I think that is what you mean) takes a lot of maintenance with honing and stropping. You could post in the straight razor section for further advice.

Back
Top Bottom