Hi from Kent

Hi,
I spent the last 4 years using an electric razor, mainly for ease, but I am no longer happy with the shave. Before that I was a mach3 person.
I did briefly dabble with DE over 25 years ago(didn't even know what DE was then). Not sure what the razor was, nor the blades as it was a Christmas present from one of the Uncles who is not known for his spending.
Anyway after using it for about a month or so, I went back to Mach3 (ran out of blades and the kit was rubbish)
As I am new to this I bought the Merkur 34c, a tube of proraso shave cream as well as the pre/post shave, a Semogue 2015 brush and a sample pack of blades.
The Proraso and brush have not yet arrived so decided to have a shave using a can of shaving gel I got a few christmases ago.
I picked out a Gillette 7 O'clock blade and before starting, used the proraso pre-shave and then applied the shaving gel in the same way I used to with the mach3. Maybe I should have waited for the rest to arrive, although the outcome may have still been the same. 4 nicks. Probably used to get that in a week when using the mach3, but then again I probably had a lot more when I first started on that.
Not going back to electric though.
Looking forward to the closer shave and trying the different soaps and blades.

Welcome @Smashie. Loads of advise on here so take a bit of time and read through the posts and enjoy the experience and knowledge that other have given. I'm new also and wish I had found the forum before embarking on me shaving routine.

Back
Top Bottom