Hello from West London

Hi all!

I have recently joined this forum. I was semi-active on reddit's wicked_edge and saw that this is a UK shaving forum so would like to get to know you all and be part of the community.

I am a relative newbie to wet shaving and am trying to keep it all cheap. I know there is a lot of hype about the cost of DE shaving and I hope (!) I don't get too carried away! I have only a Yingjili Tech, Rimei 2003 and my daily shaver is the Merkur 37c with Polsilver blades! I am loving the learning process and have jumped into it completely.

I hail from West London (Ealing)!

Nice to meet you all.

Hi all!

I have recently joined this forum. I was semi-active on reddit's wicked_edge and saw that this is a UK shaving forum so would like to get to know you all and be part of the community.

I am a relative newbie to wet shaving and am trying to keep it all cheap. I know there is a lot of hype about the cost of DE shaving and I hope (!) I don't get too carried away! I have only a Yingjili Tech, Rimei 2003 and my daily shaver is the Merkur 37c with Polsilver blades!

Nice to meet you all.
Welcome aboard, it's good to have you with us . P.

Hello there!..welcome to TSR...I have both the Yingjili Tech,& Merkur 37c.both give me sublime shaves.;)

Hey Palmolive - I can't seem to get as close a shave with the Yingjili as I can with the 37c or Rimei- was wondering what blades you usually use on the yingjili?

Hey Palmolive - I can't seem to get as close a shave with the Yingjili as I can with the 37c or Rimei- was wondering what blades you usually use on the yingjili?
When i shave with the Yingjili, i find that most of my blades seem to perform well with it, however for a more efficient shave i use a Gillette 7o'Clock Sharp-edge, or Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack, both excellent blades that work for my rhino skin type...The 37c is a fantastic lady, as is it's bigger sister the 39C, the Yingjili is a very non-aggressive razor, my theory is aggressive blades go with non-aggressive razors & vice versa..I don't go for perfect flawless shaves,each time i shave, i go for presentable irritation-free ones, i do from time to time get flawless ones, but most of the time, it's a 'Good Clean Shave.'.
My humble shaving advice is, don't expect to much to soon, practice your technique,good preparation.. i've trained my mind to 'Shave the lather from my face, rather than the stubble, this has really helped with adding no pressure to the razor, and stopping added irritation to my skin...i started traditional wet shaving neally two years ago, and never thought i would actually say i like shaving, because i hated it with a passion when i shaved with catridges, now i actually look forward to my next shave...anyway keep practicing mate, but most importantly enjoy your shaving, and don't worry too much about anyone else's opinion. Nobody is standing on the other side of the mirror making biased judgements. The face you're shaving is your own, and you don't have to satisfy anyone but yourself. The wonderful thing about traditional wet shaving for me is that there are so many good products out there and there literally is something for just about everyone..I don't scorn people who don't use the best DE razors or those who use budget SOTD set ups, i use them and they work for me...I'm not a brand snob,Each to their own.. Regards.B;)

Last edited:
\o/\o/\o/.."Oh, West London,...is won-der-ful,...
.......Oh, West London is won der-ful,.......
......,It's full of t*ts, f***y and Chelsea,...
.......Oh West London is won-der-ful!".....\o/\o/\o/

Welcome mate:_)

\o/\o/\o/.."Oh, West London,...is won-der-ful,...
.......Oh, West London is won der-ful,.......
......,It's full of t*ts, f***y and Chelsea,...
.......Oh West London is won-der-ful!".....\o/\o/\o/

Welcome mate:_)

Chris, I think the sun has gone to your head [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi all!

I am a relative newbie to wet shaving and am trying to keep it all cheap. I know there is a lot of hype about the cost of DE shaving and I hope (!) I don't get too carried away! I have only a Yingjili Tech, Rimei 2003 and my daily shaver is the Merkur 37c with Polsilver blades! I am loving the learning process and have jumped into it completely.

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome to the enablers den !

I know Ealing very well. I was born in Southall and grew up in Northolt.

Back
Top Bottom