Hello from Hampshire

Hi everyone,
I new to this de shaving lark, having just received a razor and some blades for my birthday. My question is which should i try first?
Many thanks
c75119a83d452cf5ee5cb5d7c262e796.jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,
I new to this de shaving lark, having just received a razor and some blades for my birthday. My question is which should i try first?
Many thanks
c75119a83d452cf5ee5cb5d7c262e796.jpg

Welcome Chris , if I was you I would be tempted to start with the Astra SP blades and stick with them for a while but I do like the Perma- Sharp blades too but save them untill you are felling confident with your shaving. What soap will you be using? P.

Last edited:
Welcome Chris , if I was you I would be tempted to start with the Astra SP blades and stick with them for a while but I do like the Perma- Sharp blades too but save them untill you are felling confidant with your shaving. What soap will you be using? P.
Currently i'm using. Some Wilkinson sword stuff from boots, but i know i have some from tobs on the way today.
I've been working my way up to getting rid of the mach3, so I started using soap and a brush with that about a month ago. My birthday seemed like a great way to set myself up!

Currently i'm using. Some Wilkinson sword stuff from boots, but i know i have some from tobs on the way today.
I've been working my way up to getting rid of the mach3, so I started using soap and a brush with that about a month ago. My birthday seemed like a great way to set myself up!

Perfect, I wish you well on your DE journey......:)

Hi Chris and welcome to TSR.

My advise is: that razor is not really a razor for a beginner... it's one of the most aggressive razors. You need to get some practice first, learn the techniques before using such an aggressive razor.

Hi Chris and welcome to TSR.

My advise is: that razor is not really a razor for a beginner... it's one of the most aggressive razors. You need to get some practice first, learn the techniques before using such an aggressive razor.
[emoji54] My better half bought me the razor as a present, so I'm not, not going to use it!! (i know what's good for me..)
So in order to keep the bathroom from looking like a Jackson Pollock masterpiece, if I set it at the lowest possible setting and take it slow. The fully open setting looks very scary, it may be a very very long time till I pluck up the courage to use it at that setting.

[emoji54] My better half bought me the razor as a present, so I'm not, not going to use it!! (i know what's good for me..)
So in order to keep the bathroom from looking like a Jackson Pollock masterpiece, if I set it at the lowest possible setting and take it slow. The fully open setting looks very scary, it may be a very very long time till I pluck up the courage to use it at that setting.

Even on setting one, that razor is a lot more aggressive that you want for a beginner.
It's your face mate... your call

Hi,
A welcome to TSR from the Highlands of Scotland.

Personally, I like the Astra Superior Platinum and the Shark Super Stainless. The Astra SP is my favorite blade in my rotation.

Andy.

Back
Top Bottom