Hello Everyone!

Hi

Well I have been a lurker on this forum for a month or so trying to pick up some hints and tips for wet shaving.

My problem being that I have quite coarse and thick facial hair, but extremely sensitive skin on my neck. I am very prone to ingrown hairs on my neck, particularly around the Adam's apple area.

Stopped using cartridge razors years ago due to my skin sensitivity. Mainly just let my beard grow out and kept it tidy with electric razors.

I have sort of been dipping in and out of wet shaving for a few years now. Never really been serious about it until recently. Wet shaving reduced the irritation but I was always left with some irritation and ingrown hairs on my neck. I was limited to one WTG pass or risked very bad irritation.

A couple of months ago I decided that I want to give wet shaving a proper go. Got myself a decent boar hair brush, a variety of different blades and some different shaving creams/soaps to try and find the perfect combination for me.

After trying several different combinations, I finally landed on my perfect shave tonight!

I nice hot bath with a good facial scrub. Some Proraso sensitive pre-shave cream and face lather with Wickhams's 1912 Chashmere. The trusty Merkur 34C loaded with a Perma Sharp blade. This blade is so sharp, yet so smooth compared to the other blades I have used in this razor. I even had the confidence to try a XTG pass just on my face. Gave my face a good rub with an Alum block and had no feedback whatsoever!

Looks like I have found my go to blade and my electric shaver will get little use in the future.

Hi

Well I have been a lurker on this forum for a month or so trying to pick up some hints and tips for wet shaving.

My problem being that I have quite coarse and thick facial hair, but extremely sensitive skin on my neck. I am very prone to ingrown hairs on my neck, particularly around the Adam's apple area.

Stopped using cartridge razors years ago due to my skin sensitivity. Mainly just let my beard grow out and kept it tidy with electric razors.

I have sort of been dipping in and out of wet shaving for a few years now. Never really been serious about it until recently. Wet shaving reduced the irritation but I was always left with some irritation and ingrown hairs on my neck. I was limited to one WTG pass or risked very bad irritation.

A couple of months ago I decided that I want to give wet shaving a proper go. Got myself a decent boar hair brush, a variety of different blades and some different shaving creams/soaps to try and find the perfect combination for me.

After trying several different combinations, I finally landed on my perfect shave tonight!

I nice hot bath with a good facial scrub. Some Proraso sensitive pre-shave cream and face lather with Wickhams's 1912 Chashmere. The trusty Merkur 34C loaded with a Perma Sharp blade. This blade is so sharp, yet so smooth compared to the other blades I have used in this razor. I even had the confidence to try a XTG pass just on my face. Gave my face a good rub with an Alum block and had no feedback whatsoever!

Looks like I have found my go to blade and my electric shaver will get little use in the future.
Nice one, well done and welcome, good to have you with us. :) Paul.

Back
Top Bottom