Head's up - Shaving Station.

I've just had to send a message to Shaving Station after buying the much sought-after Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum from them. I wished to have a different shipping address to my billing address and entered my bank details accordingly. It appears I have attempted to charge my bank card 4 times in total, with one costing the total sum of the soap and postage and 3 costing only £1 (currently). I'm yet to have a confirmation email from them regarding purchase but have flagged this up with them as well via the 'contact us' form on their website.

Ultimately, I don't want to be charged a total of £52.56, nor do I want anyone else to be in this situation. :)

Hopefully this hasn't happened to anyone else! I'm not having a go at shaving station for clarification - I understand it's a simple, honest mistake and I've no doubts it'll be resolved entirely. :)

Last edited:
I've just had to send a message to Shaving Station after buying the much sought-after Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum from them. I wished to have a different shipping address to my billing address and entered my bank details accordingly. It appears I have attempted to charge my bank card 4 times in total, with one costing the total sum of the soap and postage and 3 costing only £1 (currently). I'm yet to have a confirmation email from them regarding purchase but have flagged this up with them as well via the 'contact us' form on their website.

Ultimately, I don't want to be charged a total of £52.56, nor do I want anyone else to be in this situation. :)

Hopefully this hasn't happened to anyone else! I'm not having a go at shaving station for clarification - I understand it's a simple, honest mistake and I've no doubts it'll be resolved entirely. :)
Thanks for the head's up Ben, I hope they get it sorted for you soon.

Hi @Benz3ne just spotted this post and wish to clarify for all.

When you input an alternative postcode your details do not then match those on file with your card issuing bank, and as a result our payment gateway will reject the payment. Hence the reason you never actually received any confirmation email.

I have checked and all your failed payments were for this reason and no monies were actually charged to the card at any time.

Hi @Benz3ne just spotted this post and wish to clarify for all.

When you input an alternative postcode your details do not then match those on file with your card issuing bank, and as a result our payment gateway will reject the payment. Hence the reason you never actually received any confirmation email.

I have checked and all your failed payments were for this reason and no monies were actually charged to the card at any time.
That's fine :) thanks for the clarification. I attempted to change the billing address but it kept reverting to the same as the shipping address which was different. It's no issue just didn't want anyone else concerned over any similar issue :)

Back
Top Bottom