Hawkins & Brimble

Evening folks.

I have noticed that "Boots" have just started stocking this product and I am wondering if anyone has tried it?

At an introductory offer of £8.20 I figure it could well be worth a punt.

11370135-1964450572111636.jpg

Many thanks!

Hmm, have been looking online. Their site suggests they're one of the new breed of fashionable London-based barbers, only they don't have a store as far as I can see. Established in 2016, but doing well at distribution as they're stocked in a lot of places.

The Boots offer is the cheapest I've seen (normally the shaving cream retails at £10.95 for 100ml).

I assume it's made by someone else, but an interesting scent selection (Elemi and Ginseng). A quick read of the ingredients suggests that it probably does the job.

Hmm, have been looking online. Their site suggests they're one of the new breed of fashionable London-based barbers, only they don't have a store as far as I can see. Established in 2016, but doing well at distribution as they're stocked in a lot of places.

The Boots offer is the cheapest I've seen (normally the shaving cream retails at £10.95 for 100ml).

I assume it's made by someone else, but an interesting scent selection (Elemi and Ginseng). A quick read of the ingredients suggests that it probably does the job.
Are we to presume that it is intended for brush lathering as opposed to being a brushless cream?

The directions for use start with: Soak the shaving brush with hot water.

So one assumes so.

Confusingly, the second sentence is: Soften the shaving soap with the brush and swirl on the soap for 15-20 seconds.

Despite the fact that it's a cream, so doesn't need softening.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but was just looking at this cream and wondered if you ever did try it - any good?
Hi @Burry,
Its a good cream. The scent is minimal but there is plenty of cushion and slickness with this. The post shave lets it down a little. I found my skin dry after use. YMMV.
At this price point it punches above its weight but it has a little way to go to beat the body shop shaving cream IMO.

Hope this helps,
Wayne.

Just had a good sniff of the cream in Sainsbury's. I liked.

Hows the cream performing for those who have bought it? Seems bit of an unknown to me, prior to spending nearly 11 sniffs..

Back
Top Bottom