Has the AC Type Razor Craze Peaked?

Has it reached total saturation/critical mass yet? Have many of those who so eagerly bought one silently regressed to their old DE/injector/cutthroat razors? Novel as something new may be in the wet shaving world there is one huge factor working against any said new intro: a fickle audience who is constantly wandering like paleolithic hunter/gatherers following the herds for sustenance. Is the meager AC blade selection enough to quench their insatiable hunger for something new & novel? Spoiled by a cornucopia of DE blades can they ever be satisfied by a paltry selection for these AC razors for long? Has the craze fizzled? o_O

cHK6DtJ.jpg

Has it reached total saturation/critical mass yet? Have many of those who so eagerly bought one silently regressed to their old DE/injector/cutthroat razors? Novel as something new may be in the wet shaving world there is one huge factor working against any said new intro: a fickle audience who is constantly wandering like paleolithic hunter/gatherers following the herds for sustenance. Is the meager AC blade selection enough to quench their insatiable hunger for something new & novel? Spoiled by a cornucopia of DE blades can they ever be satisfied by a paltry selection for these AC razors for long? Has the craze fizzled? o_O

cHK6DtJ.jpg
That's actually quite funny :) very well written. And No is the answer! :) P.

cHK6DtJ.jpg
This isn't the search party for the real Bogeyman is it?

Personally, I think that most possible design variants have been used, but I expect there will probably be more similar to the Occam's/Blades Grim "minimalist" design. I'd also expect more tilting or swinging head razors to try to enter the AC blade running, and compete (perhaps) with cartridge razors. It's also possible that some existing designs will become available in exotic metals as "premium" versions.

Doubtless someone, somewhere is busy scheming one up, but the most interesting thing would be to see an adjustable model with a true stepped onboard adjuster, like the Schick dial, Merkurs or the Gillette adjustable DEs. And in stainless..!

However, I don't see a vast market for newcomers, especially if they're not cheap.

Back
Top Bottom