Grevinnans Rum Gentlemen's Shaving Soap

Hi,
In the March Acquisitions thread I said I would post a review of this soap on Sunday but decided to have a third shave with it to get a better feel for it.

Kit Used:

WP_20170319_08_05_20_Pro (2).jpg

For the shave I used my trusty Merkur 34C HD with my favourite blade an Astra Superior Platinum, 3rd use. The brush is the classic Progress Vulfix Grosvenor mixed boar/badger. Post shave Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic followed by Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus Moisturising Lotion.

Soap Ingredients:
WP_20170320_11_45_59_Pro (2).jpg

Scent: The tin says "Lyxig doft av citrus" - "Luxurious scent of citrus". To me I get a sweet lime scent. Not strong but pleasant.

Lather: After soaking the brush I went to the puck to load up. The soap is similar to Proraso in being soft so easy to load. I then face lathered. Working it well produced a nice looking lather which gave good protection and the slickness was also good. To be honest the lather did dissipate a little toward the end of each pass but it didn't collapse.

Post shave: My skin felt great after I had rinsed with warm then cold water. It was pretty well BBS. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Conclusion: Personally I like this soap and it has earned a place in my rotation. It is really good. If you like a citrus scent this is very nice.

The soap could be got from the website but the exchange rate from Swedish Krona to GBP looks pretty steep at the moment. I found it when looking on Shaving Station and as I love Sweden thought I should try.

I'm wondering if anyone else on the forum has tried this soap and what they thought. It would be great to hear about your experience.

Andy.

Back
Top Bottom