Gillette(super) Blue Blades

Hi everyone, I thought I would try these blades and ordered 5 packs and they are really bad! This is the Chinese made Gillette super blue blades with some Chinese writing and King Gillette's picture on the pack. I may have a duff badge because I tried 2 blades from same box and 2 other from separate boxes and they won't shave, they don't even pass a Hanging Hair Test like on Straight razors. Is it me or did someone else experienced this?

Hi everyone, I thought I would try these blades and ordered 5 packs and they are really bad! This is the Chinese made Gillette super blue blades with some Chinese writing and King Gillette's picture on the pack. I may have a duff badge because I tried 2 blades from same box and 2 other from separate boxes and they won't shave, they don't even pass a Hanging Hair Test like on Straight razors. Is it me or did someone else experienced this?
I bought ten pack's of these blades from a vendor who I will not mention because I wouldn't want to harm their business in any way but all of the blades were rubbish and can only assume them to be counterfeit.
I should have sent the lot back but what I should have done and what I did are two different thing's, needless to say, I have not bought anything from that vendor since. Buyer beware!

Last edited:
I bought ten pack's of these blades from a vendor who I will not mention because I wouldn't want to harm their business in any way but all of the blades were rubbish and can only assume them to be counterfeit.
I should have sent the lot back but what I should have done and what I did are two different thing's, needless to say, I have not bought anything from that vendor since. Buyer beware!
Yes, Lesson learnt

I had a pack of these from Agent Shave and found them to be terrible, only £1 but by far the worst blade I have ever used. Looking up online it seems to be the general conclusion for them, one of the few blades Try A Blade have pulled from their inventory, even saying the worst blade they have stocked.

I had a pack of these from Agent Shave and found them to be terrible, only £1 but by far the worst blade I have ever used. Looking up online it seems to be the general conclusion for them, one of the few blades Try A Blade have pulled from their inventory, even saying the worst blade they have stocked.
Fortunately you only lost one pound, not that it make's it any more palatable.

Fortunately you only lost one pound, not that it make's it any more palatable.
I knew what they would be like before I purchased them, I wanted to try them for curiosity and two strokes was more than enough.

A bad product is a bad product and I would like to think the reputable vendors at least have someone to try the blades they sell to make sure they are up to scratch (or at least research them), be a shame for people starting out who see them as cheap blades and good to start with being branded Gillette.

I have used genuine Gillette blades (Goal) from China and they were equal to their St Petersburg output.

I can only assume either fake or have been left to deteriorate e.g. exposed to salty water, in this instance

This + 1. Fake Chinese Gillette blades are rampant it seems. The bonafide Super Blue blades are at least as good as an Astra SP if not better. I believe this was the vendor I used last year:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-...958715?hash=item1eb40fe23b:g:0QAAAOSwzJ5Xfc7A

Back
Top Bottom