Gillette Black 7 o’clock super platinum

Hello all,
How are these compared to Gillette Silver Blue and Platinum??
What makes them ‘Super Platinum'?
I am after a new set of Gillette blades to add to my collection that will provide a closer shave than Gillette sharp edge,
Also what/where is a reliable source in the UK to purchase them?
Thanks

Great link. Although blades are very personal, I have found the summaries on that site very interesting

Of course it's hard to agree on anything 100% shaving related, but for the most part I agree with that site. The only caveat I would add is that it appears he is a "two & done" on a blade guy and on some of the upper tier Gillette blades such as the Platinum & Rubie that is just when they are hitting their stride due to their better coatings. Just my two cents.

it appears he is a "two & done" on a blade guy and on some of the upper tier Gillette blades such as the Platinum & Rubie that is just when they are hitting their stride due to their better coatings. Just my two cents.

Am curious as to which other blades ‘hit their stride' after a few shaves. I've read a fair few comments in various places where people have said there is little point trying to drag (no pun intended) out the use of a blade as they are so cheap anyway, especially if bought in bulk & compared to carts. I tend to throw a blade out after 3 x 3 pass shaves but never considered that some blades may actually get better after this point. Does the Nacet last well too?

OP: sorry for the threadjack, not intending to derail your thread there. Aren't the SharpEdge pretty sharp & close anyway?

...Does the Nacet last well too?

OP: sorry for the threadjack, not intending to derail your thread there. Aren't the SharpEdge pretty sharp & close anyway?

Yes, Nacet gets a tad sharper then level out. You will find the zenith of a blade with repeated usage of course. The SharpEdge are simply superb with many looking no further after using one. The better blades seem to be better coated IMO as well as all are tweaked with a slightly different hone angle. With repeat shaves the coating wears down and the blade becomes sharper as more unprotected edge is revealed. Soon the twain shall meet and then it goes downhill. For my handsome face seven shaves is the max I can get on a top tier blade. YMMV. ;)

Back
Top Bottom