Giles Shaving - Scuttle and Bowl

SAM_0365_1_pe.jpg

After seeing a post on UKWSS on Facebook, from a wet shaver who also happens to be UK based artisan potter and forum member @Roscotanna making and selling bowls/scuttles and brush stands and fancying a scuttle I paid my money, buying both a matching bowl and scuttle.

Both items arrived today, so quick delivery considering we've just had a Bank Holiday. They were well packaged; the scuttle:

SAM_0366_1_pe.jpg

SAM_0367_1_pe.jpg

SAM_0369_1_pe.jpg

the bowl

SAM_0370_1_pe.jpg

SAM_0371_1_pe.jpg

SAM_0372_1_pe.jpg

SAM_0373_1_pe.jpg

The finish on both items is excellent and I'm very happy with the purchase and looking forward to being able to use a warm lather during the colder months.

As I said the maker is a forum member (@Roscotanna) and he also retails through Etsy
and Ebay.

Last edited:
Just done a couple of bowl test lathers, one with Ingram and one with Stirling Soap Mountain Man; both came out excellent and I'd have been happy to use either to shave with if I was shaving tonight.

Last edited:
I have a bowl on the way. It's good to see another UK maker in this field, as I was getting a bit fed up looking at the gorgeous North American bowls and scuttles on Etsy, which unfortunately cost far too much to import, after delivery, tax, and RM imposts are added.

I have a bowl on the way. It's good to see another UK maker in this field, as I was getting a bit fed up looking at the gorgeous North American bowls and scuttles on Etsy, which unfortunately cost far too much to import, after delivery, tax, and RM imposts are added.
I hope it'll be with you today. You're waiting on a blue one right? I posted it Saturday along with wooky's and a few others so it shouldn't be too far behind :)

I hope it'll be with you today. You're waiting on a blue one right? I posted it Saturday along with wooky's and a few others so it shouldn't be too far behind :)
That's the one. The post here nowadays arrives closer to lunchtime than breakfast, and I'm already washed and shaved, so likely it'll get an outing tomorrow, if it arrives today.

Mine's arrived, and it's everything I'd hoped for. It's a blue version, and I can't fault it. The size is exactly right (some others are rather on the small side so brushes clang round) and it sits neatly in the palm, with thumb through the loop handle. The weight is spot on as well - substantial yet not so heavy as to make handling it awkward.

Question to @Roscotanna. Is it, or will it be, possible to commission either the bowl or scuttle, with no change in design from the models shown here, but with bespoke colour scheme or decoration?

X70P0357.jpg

Back
Top Bottom