Gem Featherweight First Shave

I tried the Gem Feather Weight razor this evening with fresh blades from Connaught. I had a 6 day stubble, which probably was a mistake. It was very audible, the angle seem quite intuitive. Anyway as with most first shaves, I bottled it and finished off with a Type L and a Mach 3. I think 2 to 3 days growth would be the max until I know what I am doing. Anyway a better first shave than with the Core.

I tried the Gem Feather Weight razor this evening with fresh blades from Connaught. I had a 6 day stubble, which probably was a mistake. It was very audible, the angle seem quite intuitive. Anyway as with most first shaves, I bottled it and finished off with a Type L and a Mach 3. I think 2 to 3 days growth would be the max until I know what I am doing. Anyway a better first shave than with the Core.
It is a pretty mild razor but a great introduction to the world of vintage SEs.
I'm sure you'll love your second shave with it.

It is a pretty mild razor but a great introduction to the world of vintage SEs.
I'm sure you'll love your second shave with it.
I have been a DE shaver since 1991, Injector since 2008, Shavette/Weck 2008, Straight 2009, AC 2011, Durham Duplex 2012.

I did buy a Push Button two years ago, but I have never opened it. Last year I got the Core. So non injector SE's are the last frontier. Well so are straights as they scared me to death :mad:.

I haven't tried the Featherweight, but my Gem Natural Angle/Flat Head Top is one of my favourites. I reckon this must have been made for the current generation of Gem blades too, Billy?

Back
Top Bottom