Freshly Honed Razors

Folks, I've not been shaving long with straight razors but decided to get my new dovo honed by Fergiebilly. I also picked up a Ridge back from him while about it. They arrived home this morning and I took my growth off with the dovo - the difference in smoothness - No comparison !! I'm looking forward to trying out my 2nd one in the morning and I know it'll be a treat. Also his advice on picking up a hone I really appreciate. It's the difference between driving a Morris Minor and a Rolls. Thanks Billy. Happy Days.

I am a pretty new honer (9 months or so), and I can say one thing with certainty: It is easier to KEEP a blade sharp, than to MAKE it sharp. It only takes a couple minutes to refresh one, but takes a newbie a good hour to hone one. I will hit mine with CrOx once or MAYBE twice, but after that it goes to the stone.

Good luck.

That's most likely all I'll ever do. How often do you put them to the stone ?
A Properly Honed Razor Can be Maintained for Months & Months or a Year or So in a Rotation with Pastes before Even Looking at a Stone..8/10 Sets on 0.5 Chro/Ox or So Around Every 4 Shaves is One Method that Can Be Used to Keep a Blade Sharp.o_O

When that Stops Working then the Thuri will Refresh it..Then the Process of Maintaining them with Pastes Begins Again & So Forth if You Get My Drift..:)

Billy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom