Found a good razor for my Kai blades

Rather than sampling them, I went all in after reading reviews of them and bought 100. Good blade but they are slightly oversize width-wise from other blades. I found them too big in my various vintage Gillettes. However, they are a good fit in the Feather AS-D2 and provide a bit more blade exposure than other blades in that razor. Still prefer the Feather blades in the AS-D2 but for those with that razor who feel it's too mild, maybe try a Kai blade.

I am going to try these slightly wider blades in my beautiful Hone Type 15, it may improve the mild razor a little, I hope so because it's a lovely razor and I would like it to be slightly more aggressive than it is now. A big thanks going out to @Uncle Sam for giving me the idea.
:) P.

No I have not bothered with a shim Wayne because although mild it is still very useable, it was only when I heard that these blades were fractionly wider and therefore would perhaps make my Hone slightly less tame that it peaked my interest. I am now in posession of said blades so will be testing this theory very soon. Thank you for the suggestion though :) P.
Pleasure all mine if the Kai's don't cut it a shim may just do the trick mate.

I used a Kai blade with my Hone Type 15 (Brass) today and found that it did indeed improve things somewhat, the mild but very good Hone was less mild and still very good. It did not turn it into an R41 but it did turn things up a little and I shall be using these blades from now on with this razor. :) P.

In among the samples I received from Blademonkey was a pack of 5 of these Kai blades. Very little to say what they are on the packaging and even less on the blades.

On a standard R89 with a Colossus handle what a lovely confidence inspiring blade. One excellent pleasant smooth shave and I am very very impressed with them. I see a purchase coming my way.

Back
Top Bottom