Fixing A Damaged Black Beauty Handle

This was my birth quarter razor recently purchased off eBay. As is often the case, the seller just dropped it into a jiffy bag without any additional padding. Unfortunately as a result it had a small puncture hole in the handle - approximately 1mm x 2mm.

I've repaired similar in an aluminium Gillette Black Tip, so I at least had an idea of what is required:

1. First remove any loose metal, even if it enlarges the hole slightly. I used a pin.
2. Drop a little mineral oil into the hole to (hopefully) prevent the filler sticking to the internal mechanism. Wipe away any surplus.
3. Mix up some of this and apply a sliver across the hole with the end of a stretched out paper clip. You must be very careful not push it fully through the hole.
c686455a9445a76f53678e4510bd8c4c.jpg

4. As the epoxy putty is drying be mindful to operate the mechanism a few times to make sure it doesn't seize due to the putty.
5. When the epoxy putty starting to become firm, use the same paper clip to gently rescore the lines in the handle.
6. Leave it for 3 hours+ to dry and repeat from Step 3 onwards if the epoxy has shrunk or sunk a little
7. Finished

As you can see, the Milliput black epoxy putty is a very close match for the anodised finish on the Black Beauty handle when fully set.

d086049b08598eab0e57dd399437f314.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom