Fine STOUT

IMG_7070.JPG received a fine STOUT today and although only used for a test lather I had some initial thoughts.

The only other Synthetic I've used is the Simpsons Chubby 2, the stout is designed to be fit in between the chubby 1 and 2 size.

The stout itself is denser, softer and has more backbone than the chubby. It also reacts differently than the chubby when wet, the bristles clump together like I'd imagine Synthetic fibres do.

I think I prefer the chubby as it looks and acts more natural, It's a lot closer to a badger. The STOUT feels fake if that makes sense, none the less it'll be a soap monster and quite soft on the face.

And let's not forget, the stout is a third of the price as the chubby, but for me simpsons carry the price tag.

I do love the look of the Black and Orange stout... I've very nearly pulled the trigger on one a number of times! I think it'd look immense with black fibres though...

Nice little review worth bearing in mind!

I do love the look of the Black and Orange stout... I've very nearly pulled the trigger on one a number of times! I think it'd look immense with black fibres though...

Nice little review worth bearing in mind!

The handle is beautiful (even if mine has a little ding in it), it's just the fibres that let it down a bit. But at the price point it's excellent.

Are you at all familiar with the RazoRock Plissoft type knots? I'm wondering how it compares to one of those...

Unfortunately not. Although I do want to try the Razorock BC silver tip plissoft.

Simpson 57 Synthetic would be my grail I think.

Back
Top Bottom