This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fine American Blend

Discussion in 'After Shave / Cologne' started by Barry Giddens, Monday May 1, 2017.

1. Good Morning gents.

I have been using Fine American Blend aftershave splash for a few days now and I absolutely love it. I was even complimented by my 18 year old niece yesterday and that never happens.

So my question is, can anyone recommend a cologne or eau de toilete to match it? The Fine website states that American Blend is inspired by YSL Rive Gauche. Any other suggestions please?

Thanks guys.

Barry

Useless shaver likes this.
  2. I sometimes use Fine American Blend as well and it is a great Aftershave, it lasts quite a long time just as good as an EdT or cologne. My suggestion would be; because the scent lingers a lot longer than an ordinary aftershave, you may mix and ruin the scent by using another edt or cologne on top of it, so why not buy a small atomiser bottle and decant some in there and carry in your pocket or leave in your office or where ever you work.

Barry Giddens and Blademonkey like this.
  3. Thanks for that Sezer. Thats a good idea!

Sezer1974 likes this.
  4. fly3k

fly3k

The Rive Gauche is the perfect match. I'm not sure you'll find anything else similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bogeyman and Barry Giddens like this.
  5. Bandito

Bandito

When Fine say 'inspired by', what they actually mean is 'pretty much identical to' - the Platinum is a dead ringer for Aventus, and ditto the Lavender for Oxford & Cambridge - good stuff

Barry Giddens likes this.
  6. I like Fine's American Blend. My wife likes it too.

I tend to use it often, except when it's too hot... so I think I must pair it with fragrances like Acqua di Parma Classica or Alvarez Gómez Barbería... Not sure it's right, but... I like it.

7. Yes I think your right Juan. The Alvarez Gomez is an excellent call. I had a sample of that a few months ago. Think I will invest in a bottle for the summer. Thanks for your help.
    Barry

Useless shaver likes this.
  8. My pleasure, Barry!

It's amazing how a relatively low-cost cologne gets so many compliments when I wear it... or maybe it's me who gets the compliments:cool:.

9. JohnnyO

JohnnyO

It's those " Spanish Eyes " Juan Manuel...

JohnnyO. /

Barry Giddens and Useless shaver like this.
  10. :D

11. I know! I have had more compliments for my American Blend than any scent I have ever had before. Some of them very expensive.
    Barry

12. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

13. Bogeyman likes this.