Fine Accoutrements advice

Good Morning everyone,
I have been using Fine American Blend shave soap for the last month and it is my absolute favourite! Scent is good and the performance of the soap is amazing.
I would like to try Snakebite and Platinum.
Could anyone expand on the scent of platinum? The website states spicy pineapple and notes of smokey oak moss, what is Playinum similar to?
Is Snakebite as cold as people really say? I used Proraso Green ages ago and I struggled with it but Fitjar Folgefonn I was fine with.

I can only comment on the platinum... and I have only tried the AS, not the shaving soap. The scent is a Creed Aventus copy. It smells good! I have found that the scent does last a while, which is nice.
From what I have read snakebite is supposed to be super mentholated, but have no experience in using it.... I'm sure there will be others that will be able to help you out :)

With use when the sprinkled menthol crystals on top of Snakebite are gone soap is not that cold anymore I get a pleasant cool sensation not face freezing.

Last edited:
Love the Platinum, but nothing beats American Blend.
As previously said, Platinum is inspired by Creed Aventus, it is definitely a sweeter scent and not so much "masculine“ as American Blend is.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

+1 for Snakebite - it's a corker and a 'face-freezer'. Considerably chillier than Proraso Green.

Platinum won't smell what you'd expect it to. You can smell all the pineapples you want but it won't smell like Platinum! Instead, it's a sharper/bitter fragrance and, although facets of it are sweet, it plays heavily on the 'smokiness' aspect of the fragrance which inspired it (Creed Aventus, of which there are many copies). This is one which people would probably buy off you if you didn't find favour with it.

Back
Top Bottom