Fifty quid Seiko Chrono

Well spotted that man! Almost everyone else wants double that figure, and in some places considerably more.

Not for me... I like plain and simple (can't possibly imagine why that would be) ... but a cracking deal. I don't actually object to the strap but, as mentioned, I'm plain and simple.

All noted.

The biggest problem I have (and I stress it's my problem only and not a complaint) is, with all the other ancillary bits and bobs incorporated into the display, for me it tends to make the two main hours and minutes hands less visible. As my eyesight gets worse I now need a clear face which tells me the time at a glance despite the wearing of specs.

Hence I have a couple of this type, both Pulsar and Seiko. (with acknowledgements to Watch Shop for the image).

upload_2017-1-27_18-21-51.jpeg

I feel the opposite when I see a divers watch or over simplified piece with exaggerated features (I realise there are lots of fans out there so don't get offended) but they always looks like a special needs time piece to me.

All noted.

The biggest problem I have (and I stress it's my problem only and not a complaint) is, with all the other ancillary bits and bobs incorporated into the display, for me it tends to make the two main hours and minutes hands less visible. As my eyesight gets worse I now need a clear face which tells me the time at a glance despite the wearing of specs.

Hence I have a couple of this type, both Pulsar and Seiko. (with acknowledgements to Watch Shop for the image).

View attachment 23275
That's my style of watch: simple and clean.

I feel the opposite when I see a divers watch or over simplified piece with exaggerated features (I realise there are lots of fans out there so don't get offended) but they always looks like a special needs time piece to me.

All noted, and certainly no cause for offence :)

But, in truth, I DO HAVE special needs :) i.e. I have a need to see the time when looking at the watch and my failing eyesight demands I use a watch which facilitates that.

I don't often look in on the ATG and TSR threads where people post pictures of their watches. It's not up my street. But others clearly enjoy owning (and sometimes wearing) expensive timepieces. I imagine there's not much difference between owning/collecting/using top end shaving equipment and top end watches... or top end anything else that people enjoy.

Right, what's the time?

Back
Top Bottom