Feather DX custom scales

Just had its inaugural launch! Lovely shave and the scales just made it feel like it was something luxuriantly special!
Used the kaffir lime and Juniper soap from vintagerazors which was a wonderful refreshing combination!

Nice work! Will Google Kirinite, would love something in pinkish tones, sort of Sakura Cherry Blossom style, for making a set of scales for my Kai Captain shavette.

Last edited:
6C486B60-8E61-45F2-AF92-12E1689CA3E0.jpeg
Nice work! Making a note of Kirinite would love something in pinkish tones, sort of Sakura Cherry Blossom style, making a set of scales for my Kai Captain shavette.
Took ages deliberating which kirinite to go for! The metallic flake when viewed in its raw state looks flat and dull but is , in my opinion, one of the most natural looking kirinite out there. I really haven't come across anything in a subtle pink in kirinite but have seen a nice Cherry/plum!

Only done scales in wood so far, how is Kirinite to work on, very hard, very dusty, or easy peasy?
The scales were produced by David Jones at vintagerazors as as you probably realise dx and similar are more involved due to the pivot point . Kirinite can be turned like wood so easy to work just take care when buffing or super fine sanding not to get it too hot as wood can get!

Nisse
Any question regarding working kirinite would I'm sure be answered by David at vintagerazors. Really nice guy that is passionate about his work but I'm sure would happily pass on his knowledge of working on kirinite!

Back
Top Bottom