Favourite kebab

Last night I went out, had a few drinks and didn't get a chance to eat til gone midnight, so stopped off at my local kebab shop, they do the best kebabs ever, though I normally get a 1/2 or 1/4 pounder with chips I fancied a chicken doner, and it was amazing! Had a lamb doner before and that was decent, but this chicken one hit the spot bang on!

What's your favourite kebab lads?

Best Kebabs I've even had was from a client when I was an insurance man. I use to call to collect premiums from his Kabab Shop always left with a nice lamb one, best of all it was always free.

Also use to call on a chippy ran by a Greek, again free and what must be the biggest portion ever, in fact too much and enough to feed a family.

I know it happens because I see the evidence on the pavements the next day - people actually eat these things! I fail utterly to understand why! I'm anything but a health food freak but these things are beyond the pale. Indigestion, food poisoning and bowel cancer just waiting to happen. Reasonably priced, though.

In the middle east kebab and shishlik are made with proper mutton fat and served with a wide selection of fresh cut salads which I think is the way to go.

The typical Kebab here found a niche market of the closing time crowd so they save themselves the bother as no one remember what it tasted like in the morning.

I had one for my tea before fencing last night ... just a doner in a pitta from the mighty Queensbury Fast Food. Chilli Sauce & Salad, naturally :D

I prefer more meat on a naan, but that would have been a bit too much before fencing. I like both Mint Yogurt & Chilli Sauce on that, loads of salad on top ... pick away at it, watching some shoddy horror film and drinking strong Belgian Beer. Now that's a night in!

Nothing wrong with a sober kebab if you can find a good kebab place. Grilled meat, plenty of fresh raw veg piled on top and a nice kick of chilli - stuff so long as you can find a good place.

My "Get shitfaced and grab a greasy doner on the way home" days are behind me but there were quite a few times that Saturday night leftover kebab became Sunday morning breakfast. And it always hit the spot!

There's a good un near me but the way you guys keep buying razors and driving the prices up, I aint telling yas where it is in case you all pop over.
Anyone who thinks a Kebab is only good after a skin full hasn't had a decent one.

Back
Top Bottom