Extro Bay Rum.

This post may be better suited to the BST threads, so if you (mods) feel it's more appropriate there, feel free to let me know and I'll make relevant changes where I can!

Those who have given me their address for the Extro Bay Rum samples (@AJP , @flip-68 , @isendono ), they have been posted as of today. 2nd class, unfortunately, because I'm a little bit tight around the edges but should arrive with you promptly! I'd envisage before the end of the week.

The samples are wrapped in a small portion of newspaper, so don't be alarmed if it's not blindingly obvious that they're in there to start!

Most of all, enjoy! :)

To those who didn't see my postings in the 'LONG LASTING AFTERSHAVE' thread, there's two more ~10mL samples up for grabs for those who want to try it out!

Thanks,

Ben

@JayGee Seeing as you asked so nicely, yes! :D

Send me your address in a PM and we'll chat there - unfortunately I can't send overseas, though I don't know whether that applies to you!

Last edited:
Hello Benz3ne.

You might have seen I'm currently undergoing a Bay Rum phase and I made some up just yesterday (as well a having received some Pashana American plus some Pinaud VIBR in the post today), so a long time before it's ready to sample. I'll be more than pleased to have a sniff at yours but would be equally happy to reimburse expenses. Let me know if you'd like me to send a PM.

Have just sent Ben a PM to acknowledge safe receipt.

Very unusual scent. Unlike the other Bay Rums. In fact it could be said it doesn't smell like Bay Rum as |I've got to know it..... to me it's earthy and spicy. Very fond of it and will need to get some soon. Looks like Shaving Station are the main stockist.

Thanks again to Ben for introducing another really interesting and very intiguing item and for his kindness in sending these generous bottles out.

Top Man!

Same as DevonStan.

There is an element of a 'normal' Bay Rum (whatever normal is) but very different to all the others I have tried. I too am liking the scent but have managed to get a bit of a red neck today and I'm not sure whether it was the blade (not too sure on these Treet durasharps) or if there is something my neck doesn't like in the AS. I'll have to try the sample a few more times and see. I hope it isn't the AS because I really am liking this scent.
Thanks again to Ben.

Same as DevonStan.

There is an element of a 'normal' Bay Rum (whatever normal is) but very different to all the others I have tried. I too am liking the scent but have managed to get a bit of a red neck today and I'm not sure whether it was the blade (not too sure on these Treet durasharps) or if there is something my neck doesn't like in the AS. I'll have to try the sample a few more times and see. I hope it isn't the AS because I really am liking this scent.
Thanks again to Ben.
I was picking up quite a strong lime note, now not being familiar with Bay rum aftershave I don't know if this is a scent that should be so strong but I love it and would purchase more in the near future.

@Blademonkey I think lime is a strong component of a lot of Bay Rums, going for the whole West Indies/Dominica vibe, from what I can gather. Speaking with Mr @isendono , we're in agreement that it's quite different to Boots Bay Rum, which I see as inherently clove-y.

I definitely pick up Tea Tree to start. I couldn't put my finger on it initially but now I've placed it I can't shake it! Also something herbaceous, which I can only place as rosemary. Something heady in there anyhow!

I'll keep my eye (nose?) out for lime when I use it next! Glad everyone is enjoying and glad I could be of help! Extro should hire me as a sales rep from this good PR...

My Mrs had a sniff and thought maybe Menthol... but neither of us now believe that to be so. She also said Cedar but with the benefit of hindsight now realise that Ben was entirely right in saying Tea Tree is obvious at first.

It's no secret that I have a small jar of home made stuff on the go. I just added Tea Tree to it following the thoughts exchanged here. The Lime essential oil arrived today so that has gone in too. Rightly or wrongly mine is absolutely jam packed with all sorts... maybe too much - I might have posted the list somewhere on the site here. But the Extro has added an extra dimension and it was fascinating to compare it with the Pashana American, the Pinaud VIBR and the two varieties of Bello... all of which are different in their own way but certainly the Bello Lime and the Extro Bay Rum are the most "distinctive" and are quite different from, what I now know to be, the conventional Bay Rum scent.

And yet again Greg (Big Boar) produced his own home made BR which is lovely but I don't have a clue what went into it. He was going to produce more and allow members to pay his expenses but, for one reason or another, he doesn't visit TSR so much now and hasn't visited another UK based shaving site lately either.

Very enjoyable topic. Thanks for contributions and advice.

Back
Top Bottom