ER 1912 Gem razor.

Today I received an ER 1912 Gem (made in England) razor from Paul along with a 100 Feather DE blades.
Paul kindly included a cart of Gem blades and a soap sample free of charge and I thank him for it.
The razor was described as in good condition but upon inspection I would be hard pushed not to think it's NOS.
I was due for a shave so I made my uber-lather (never again without it) and put the razor to its paces. Angle was pretty much intuitive as it's with most razors nowadays with me but the shave was nothing short of amazing. It's really the smoothest ever razor to have touched my face and the shave was enjoyable and efficient. It's a mid aggressive razor but so deceptively smooth, one is bound to take liberties with it, with the inevitable cuts.
In 1912 when this razor came out, I'm sure it created a stir as it's so efficient and smooth I don't think (I stand corrected on this), there was anything as smooth and enjoyable to use.
Are there any other Gem razors out there that could outperform the 1912 one?

Today I received an ER 1912 Gem (made in England) razor from Paul along with a 100 Feather DE blades.
Paul kindly included a cart of Gem blades and a soap sample free of charge and I thank him for it.
The razor was described as in good condition but upon inspection I would be hard pushed not to think it's NOS.
I was due for a shave so I made my uber-lather (never again without it) and put the razor to its paces. Angle was pretty much intuitive as it's with most razors nowadays with me but the shave was nothing short of amazing. It's really the smoothest ever razor to have touched my face and the shave was enjoyable and efficient. It's a mid aggressive razor but so deceptively smooth, one is bound to take liberties with it, with the inevitable cuts.
In 1912 when this razor came out, I'm sure it created a stir as it's so efficient and smooth I don't think (I stand corrected on this), there was anything as smooth and enjoyable to use.
I aggree with all you say regarding the 1912, it is a fantastic razor indeed, I would not say out perform but imo is as good as is the Ever Ready 1914 razor. YMMV ect ect.....:) The Streamline razor is also a fantastic razor and gives a great shave and again imo shaves as well as the 1912 although it is heavy and maybe a little more care is needed in use. :)

This 1912 is the only Gem in my den and I seek advise in order to get a few more Gem's.
1914, 1924, Gem Micromatic MMOC, Ever Ready Streamline, Gem clog Pruf ,Gem G Bar, Gem lightweight / featherweight Ever Ready lightweight , Ever Ready version of the Gem G Bar ( E Bar) I may have missed a couple! :)

As with most things in the shaving world, YMMV definitely applies here.
The 1912 is my favourite but first love may play it's part in this.
I also really like all the other members of this family of razors that I've tried.
I'd recommend the 1914, the Damaskeene, the Micromatic (OC & Clog Pruf) and the 1924, or if you want a step up in aggression the Streamline.
My least favourite are the Featherweight, Flat Heavy Top and the Push Button but I enjoy shaving with them and would recommend them.

Brilliant news that you have found the 1912. It is a fantastic razor. Well done @Blademonkey . Paul your spreading the love superbly mate. :)
I also am the proud owner of the Gem Clog Pruf and the Gem OC. I have the 1924 but am yet to try it.
The 1912 is awesome IMO as is both the Gem MMOC and the Clog pruf. At the moment I could not personally separate the 1912 from the Gem MMOC but things as we all no can change.
I would be interested to get my hands on an Ever Ready Streamline next @Blademonkey ;):D (cough)

Enjoy @Kypros Christodoulides :)

Back
Top Bottom