EDC

The topic of "EDC" or "Every Day Carry" has gained increasing popularity as the term - once mostly referred to firearms carry - have extended to embrace 'anything that you carry on a daily basis'.

Sure, pants and shoes are for many of us EDC items (or so I hope) - but these latest EDC trends and threads focus primarily on the tools/gadgets/toys that you seem to bring with you every time you step out the door - hopefully wearing said clothes.

If you're up for it do share YOUR EDC kit - or kits - below - be it lighters, knives, wallets, flashlights, etc, etc....
EDC kits probably also change by season and if so - what are you going to be carrying this fall/winter?

Maybe we can learn, inspire and enable each other in yet another area :)

My current EDC kit is pretty basic:
Top row: SlowWatch, Popov wallet, Anker High-Capacity battery
Middle row: Karma 'social' WiFi, Persol sunglasses (living in CA I consider that an EDC)
Bottom row: Popov Hobo leather case w/ hobo notebook, Popov notebook case, Parker 25 pen.
* Forgot to include my Opinel #6 knife that also always comes with me
IMG_1750.JPG

What I am waiting for:
MecArmy X-1 Titanium keyring flashlight
Popov small card wallet
Popov leather keychain
FidgetCraft Spinner
Brass spinner

What I am considering/have on my wish-list:
Key-Bar - or something similar

Wallet: Cheap thing from TK Maxx
Phone: Samsung Note 4
Keys: Keys (?)
Specs: Cheap 2 for 1 from Specsavers

I live in a town of 100k people and drive down the busiest motorway in the UK to another town. I don't believe I'll need to live rough or a survival situation between these two points.

Oh, if its a week day then I take my lunch box. Refuse to pay £3 for a scabby Tesco meal deal

I try to carry as little as possible in my pockets because the resulting lumps and bumps ruin the look of anything you may be wearing. If I do carry a phone, iPod, keys ect I use a small shoulder pack. :)

I don't take all this stuff every day but usually some combination of them depending on where I going (work etc.)

• Amazon Fire tablet with case with nifty pen/stylus to watch videos when I'm train commuting.
  • Recent acquisition of Seiko automatic watch, very light and tough.
  • Leather card holder I got on holiday in Greece with a money clip inside. Realised I don't need coins or notes much and have downsized my wallet to this. I recently added laminated tin-foil sheets inside of the card pockets. One in the LHS to stop IRID detection from outside of wallet, one above my Natwest card to stop the other two cards interfering with RFID. This means I can RFID touch-pay with my Natwest card without taking it out of the holder.
  • Minimal cash inside my card-holder
  • After years of changing key-rings I've decided on this metal clip which is very light and tough and can hold many keys etc.
  • Cannister on key-ring to contain emergency heart pills.
  • Neat little key-shaped Swiss-tech Utili-key gadget for cutting/bottle opening etc.
  • Nitecore tube rechargeable torch. Very light and useful when needed.

EDC%202016_10_22_zps8wkiou1p.jpg

View attachment 21467 All the stuff I carry with me in a small shoulder pack, phone,note pad and pen, water bottle ,opinel knife, Swiss army knife,camera ,loup, wallet, iPod, multi tool, led lenser torch, plus keys (not in photo) Vostok watch (on wrist)
Yikes! All I carry is a wallet, a small coin purse, car key and house keys and I wear a wrist watch. I don't carry a mobile/cell phone because I don't have one; no iPod either.

I don't take all this stuff every day but usually some combination of them depending on where I going (work etc.)

• Amazon Fire tablet with case with nifty pen/stylus to watch videos when I'm train commuting.
  • Recent acquisition of Seiko automatic watch, very light and tough.
  • Leather card holder I got on holiday in Greece with a money clip inside. Realised I don't need coins or notes much and have downsized my wallet to this. I recently added laminated tin-foil sheets inside of the card pockets. One in the LHS to stop IRID detection from outside of wallet, one above my Natwest card to stop the other two cards interfering with RFID. This means I can RFID touch-pay with my Natwest card without taking it out of the holder.
  • Minimal cash inside my card-holder
  • After years of changing key-rings I've decided on this metal clip which is very light and tough and can hold many keys etc.
  • Cannister on key-ring to contain emergency heart pills.
  • Neat little key-shaped Swiss-tech Utili-key gadget for cutting/bottle opening etc.
  • Nitecore tube rechargeable torch. Very light and useful when needed.

EDC%202016_10_22_zps8wkiou1p.jpg
What make is your key clip with those little carabrina's I like the set up

Back
Top Bottom