Diplomat

Omp

My shiny new '55 A2 Diplomat.
Had a very good shave with it this morning. Much milder than I expected bit very nimble with what I perceived as a lighter head to handle ratio than I am used to.

4f028b8ecc655e8d4e1580a0c2f91f42.jpg

I have a 1949 Diplomat and slightly earlier Ambassador - I can't see feel or hear any difference. They are both close and comfortable shavers - maybe a little on the mild side, but then again, I use straights most days so the comparison is unfair.

Edit - it's the Milord and Ambassador I have - but maybe the Diplomat is much the same - it certainly looks like it.

Hippo said:
Mm mm lovely wonder how it compares to an Aristocrat from the same era.

The Diplomat, Aristocrat, and President all shave about the same. Mild razors that seem like a #5 Gillette setting, which is one reason I like em so much. Some other reasons are the great looks and how they feel in my hand.

Still not crazy money for a nice Aristo, although a President can get expensive. No idea what a Diplomat goes for these days.

I have an Aristo and Prez in my rotation, and a Diplomat I can't bear to get wet (too gooda shape). Heh, I do get to hold it whenever I want. Sheeesh.

The OP acquired a nice razor there and that plating should hold up real well.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom