derby premium

jimmyc

Supporter
Supporter
I have just shaved with derby premium blade in a tech. fantastic shave. Its now my top blade above astra sp. Its a pity i just received 200 sp. should have tried the premiums sooner. I got the " is there a blade in this" feeling. Most impressed. :D. just need to see how many shaves i get out of one.

I've found Derby Premiums to be a mixed bag. In most of my razors they don't seem much better than regular Derbys and feel too scratchy. However I've found that in my Timeless razor and my Merkur 45c Bakelite razor they perform rather well giving a very smooth close shave.
They seem to dull after just two shaves though so deprive me of my usual third go.

I don't have much experience of Derbys apart from the odd giveaway packet I've had, but I bought 100 of the Premiums in a spirit of optimistic adventure.

They're better than the other Derbys, but, as others have found, they don't seem to be very sharp or stay the course for more than a day or two. Not exactly top of my "go to" list, I'm afraid, but I will admit I haven't tried them in many different razors. They might perhaps be useful in taming somewhat the House Bacon Slicer aka Ikon Tech.

Back
Top Bottom