DE Pouch Advice

I'm busy designing a simple pouch for DE razors and I'd appreciate some advice from DE users. I've just bought a QShave razor to help with the design as I'm currently waiting for Santa to bring me my first DE Razors. Is this razor a typical size for a DE or are they normally bigger smaller? I appreciate there are many different sizes I'm just curious what would be deemed to be an average size.
I'm trying to decide if I need to make the front pouch a few mm wider as it was a snug fit, the leather will mold to the shape of the razor and soften over time so it may not be a problem. I could also use thinner leather on the front which would make it softer and easier to insert the razor.
What do people think, is chunky solid good or would they prefer a softer pouch both would last for years and years so its probably more to do with look and feel than durability.
I know I have put my stamp in the wrong place as it is distorted by the shape of the razor head so that needs to be sorted.

Does the general look of this pouch look ok or am I missing something obvious.

Any advice appreciated.

CTgKXOq.jpg

EtxYhG8.jpg

YBO5yP5.jpg

hyCr4gS.jpg

TFWEPDr.jpg

That looks good.

Personally though I'd prefer something along these lines that holds a disassembled three-piece razor. https://www.abovethetie.com/products/above-the-tie-leather-travel-case

Not shaving related, but could you make a leather pouch to fit a Leatherman Juice? There seems to be a distinct lack of them.
Thanks I've saved that link as it look easy enough to do so I'll give it a go at some point. Leatherman juice shouldn't be a problem though I've never done anything like that before I've got a Leatherman wave so I'll have practice by doing a case for that.

I'm busy designing a simple pouch for DE razors and I'd appreciate some advice from DE users. I've just bought a QShave razor to help with the design as I'm currently waiting for Santa to bring me my first DE Razors. Is this razor a typical size for a DE or are they normally bigger smaller? I appreciate there are many different sizes I'm just curious what would be deemed to be an average size.
I'm trying to decide if I need to make the front pouch a few mm wider as it was a snug fit, the leather will mold to the shape of the razor and soften over time so it may not be a problem. I could also use thinner leather on the front which would make it softer and easier to insert the razor.
What do people think, is chunky solid good or would they prefer a softer pouch both would last for years and years so its probably more to do with look and feel than durability.
I know I have put my stamp in the wrong place as it is distorted by the shape of the razor head so that needs to be sorted.

Does the general look of this pouch look ok or am I missing something obvious.

Any advice appreciated.

CTgKXOq.jpg

EtxYhG8.jpg

YBO5yP5.jpg

hyCr4gS.jpg

TFWEPDr.jpg

This looks great currently looking for a nice case for travelling

The ATT leather wallet type that @chris.hale has mentioned would be fab too. I'm looking forward to seeing some of these on BST :) P.
I've eventually got round to trying one of these. Instead of the leather straps on the original ATT one I've used elastic going to try the leather straps next though but I'm busy on a 7 razor roll at the moment.
I'd be interested in any feedback on this design though
Tss2Tf3.jpg

I've eventually got round to trying one of these. Instead of the leather straps on the original ATT one I've used elastic going to try the leather straps next though but I'm busy on a 7 razor roll at the moment.
I'd be interested in any feedback on this design though
Tss2Tf3.jpg
I don't think the use of elastic is particurly a problem but would you be able to match the design of the ATT pouch as far as the placement of the straps / elastics are concerned so a dismantled razor can be stored and the handle is secured at both ends? Good mock up though, well done. :) P.

I don't think the use of elastic is particurly a problem but would you be able to match the design of the ATT pouch as far as the placement of the straps / elastics are concerned so a dismantled razor can be stored and the handle is secured at both ends? Good mock up though, well done. :) P.
I'm going to do that on the one with the straps, I've just managed to find some more detailed photos of the ATT one so I can see how the straps are configured so thought I'd try that next. To be honest the leather straps would be a lot easier to do than the elastic so if my attempt at that works out ok I think that would be my preferred way to go.

Here's a photo of a dismantled razor in my current configuration
tvnbPqB.jpg
Yes I can see it still works but the ATT configuration is more compact and wallet like and the razor handle is more secure being held at both ends rarther than just in the middle. Please note, I am not knocking what you are showing here, it would work but if you could replicate the ATT wallet I think it would be that much better. This is only my opinion , you must do what you feel best. P.

The only trouble with the ATT style is that the leather straps are not flexible so have been designed solely for the ATT razor dimensions. If you want to put a thicker/thinner handle or head in the wallet then it either will not fit or be loose. Elastic will accommodate any size or shape. I'd prefer elastic but in the ATT configuration as it is smaller. Great effort though. Well done.

The only trouble with the ATT style is that the leather straps are not flexible so have been designed solely for the ATT razor dimensions. If you want to put a thicker/thinner handle or head in the wallet then it either will not fit or be loose. Elastic will accommodate any size or shape. I'd prefer elastic but in the ATT configuration as it is smaller. Great effort though. Well done.

That's what I thought from looking at ATT's images on their site but I've found some posted by owners and the strap is loose at the ends so you just pull it tight to hold handle. head etc in place the ends of the straps are then tucked underneath to hide them if so desired.
The following image hopefully shows that more clearly than my description.
T2o46rU.jpg

LfmtJz5.jpg

Going to have a go at that configuration next to see how well it works, would have had it done today but I've been waiting downstairs for a parcel delivery that so far hasn't arrived!!

Back
Top Bottom