DE Blade Sample Packs

Greetings.

Could someone please point me in the right direction for the best place to go for sample packs? The more brands the better :)

I have only used Astra Platinum blades in my Merkur 34c at the moment and must confess I am finding them superb.

I was also given several alternatives to try that were so kindly and generously donated to me by Patw FOC.
I am yet to use these as I have been primarily concentrating on my technique.

I feel now could be the time to order several more just to see for myself if the Astra can be beaten.
A tough task I may add. :)

Thank you in advance and take care all.
Wayne

Greetings.

Could someone please point me in the right direction for the best place to go for sample packs? The more brands the better :)

I have only used Astra Platinum blades in my Merkur 34c at the moment and must confess I am finding them superb.

I was also given several alternatives to try that were so kindly and generously donated to me by Patw FOC.
I am yet to use these as I have been primarily concentrating on my technique.

I feel now could be the time to order several more just to see for myself if the Astra can be beaten.
A tough task I may add. :)

Thank you in advance and take care all.
Wayne
Connaught do sample packs. http://connaughtshaving.com/samplepack.html

I can also recommend the following

https://www.razorbladesclub.com/double-edge-sampler/

http://tryablade.com/blade

and

http://gemstonetrading.co.uk/shaving/razor-blades/

And of course there are numerous other places on eBay that do sample packs.

Thank you so much for your quick response Bizzy.

I am on the case as we speak.
( I thought I was supposed to save money switching to DE from many years of cart :) )
Never mind its more fun!
I have over 60 different blades, I am about 2/3 of the way through them and to be honest many of them are the same, however it has been fun trying different blades.

Of the ones I have tried so far I have settled on a few types that I will be happy to go on using and have already purchased more of, Astra SP are in that shortlist.

I was just looking at the link you sent me from razorbladesclub. .
They have a 100 sample pack that I am so tempted with but as you say I would imagine a lot to be the same and I should rather be concentrating on my technique and lathering skills before I contemplate too many blades in the mix.

I may study more reviews from here and just go for the ones that have been recommended.
Thanks for the input mate.

I was just looking at the link you sent me from razorbladesclub. .
They have a 100 sample pack that I am so tempted with but as you say I would imagine a lot to be the same and I should rather be concentrating on my technique and lathering skills before I contemplate too many blades in the mix.

I may study more reviews from here and just go for the ones that have been recommended.
Thanks for the input mate.
If you do fancy trying some different blades, their Top Quality or Top Seller packs look worth a try, there are some good blades in there.

Hello Wayne, I'm glad you are getting on well with the Astra sp.Your doing the right thing concentrating on your technique, but if you feel that you are ready to try another blade, the Polsilver si , 7 o'clock yellow and the Nacet I sent you are very good.The Sputnik I find similar to the Astra sp.
The Polsilver si is my favourite DE blade.

All the best mate
Pat

Hello Wayne, I'm glad you are getting on well with the Astra sp.Your doing the right thing concentrating on your technique, but if you feel that you are ready to try another blade, the Polsilver si , 7 o'clock yellow and the Nacet I sent you are very good.The Sputnik I find similar to the Astra sp.
The Polsilver si is my favourite DE blade.

All the best mate
Pat

Hi Pat,

Its so nice to here from you :).

I do recall you informing me that your favourite with the 34c is the Polsilver..
I have been looking for this blade that you so kindly donated, (with the name POLSILVER on the blade) and have only just realised it is the one that only stipulates SI on the blade.

Please forgive my newbie errors :)
I have had my #5 DE shave with the Astra (2nd blade) yesterday and am overwhelmed by the experience.
I was not BBS, (look at me, I am starting to know the lingo :) ) but I felt so clean and refreshed after it.
One tiny nick was nothing to complain about.

My next shave will be with the Polsilver on Thursday and I can't wait.
Same routine. Same Palmolive cream, same brush and lets see what happens.

Take care and happy shaving everyone.

Hello Wayne, your spot on re keeping to the same routine with your soap/cream and brush as you test out the blades.
Apologies for not pointing out the super iridium on the blade.:rolleyes:
I look forward to hearing how you get on with other blades you try out, and pleased that you are enjoying the DE experience

Laffin,:D the lingo is coming along just fine !

take it easy mate:)

Pat

Polsilvers, Astra and Perma Sharps all have a similar feel for me. There is an unproven rumour that Polsilvers are no more. I have 120 of them at the moment but if they go then Perma Sharps will be a good replacement. They feel identical and I would not be surprized if the Pol and the Perma are not the same blade tbh.Astra SP probably the most versatile blade I have tried and great value as well.

Polsilvers, Astra and Perma Sharps all have a similar feel for me. There is an unproven rumour that Polsilvers are no more. I have 120 of them at the moment but if they go then Perma Sharps will be a good replacement. They feel identical and I would not be surprized if the Pol and the Perma are not the same blade tbh.Astra SP probably the most versatile blade I have tried and great value as well.

Really appreciate your advice and will keep this in mind.

Good call on the Gillette 7 o'clock Yellows. I've been impressed, as I have been by the Polsilver SI. I want to give the Gillette Silver Blue another try and I have a few Rubies en route.

Back
Top Bottom