Darwin is Back?

Yeah ........ It's legit .......Disclaimer: I actually know this dapper chap from Fleabay and elsewhere; I've bought razors from him in the past and now he wants to sell razors and shaving accoutrements of his own. I hadn't seen that video until the link arrived in my mailbox this morning, though...... Not bad at all.

The word is that he'll have soaps and aftershaves for sale soon ....... Not sure about the A/S, but the soap I've been testing of his is bloody lovely; it has a lovely citrus / ginger scent and lathers up like a mofo ....

Keep an eye on this fella lads .......... He's passionate about his baby and determined to produce legitimate, modern Darwin branded products for the wet shaving world. Can't be a bad thing :D

Yeah ........ It's legit .......Disclaimer: I actually know this dapper chap from Fleabay and elsewhere; I've bought razors from him in the past and now he wants to sell razors and shaving accoutrements of his own. I hadn't seen that video until the link arrived in my mailbox this morning, though...... Not bad at all.

The word is that he'll have soaps and aftershaves for sale soon ....... Not sure about the A/S, but the soap I've been testing of his is bloody lovely; it has a lovely citrus / ginger scent and lathers up like a mofo ....

Keep an eye on this fella lads .......... He's passionate about his baby and determined to produce legitimate, modern Darwin branded products for the wet shaving world. Can't be a bad thing :D
Do not want to seem pitty but question still is if he only bought the company`s name because noone of the old owners still allive and rights are gone. If that is the fact, can we really say it is Darwin producing again, or just a smart guy checked the right moment and produces new products under the well known name of this old company. I hope that the new razors are designed the same way like the originals and will not look a bit different. Similar copies are still out there, doesn´t need more in my opinion. Worst case in my opinion will be completely new razor models which were never produced by the old company. We will see. ;)

Last edited:
Oh it's very much a case of the name and brand being resurrected by an entrepeneur ......... But one thing I'm certain of ...... It's not just the Darwin brand he's looking to resurrect ...... He loves his razors :D

I really hope that works out for him ...... Imagine how nice it would be to open a parcel and inside: A brand new, stainless steel Darwin Deluxe ........ legitimately marked with the Darwin branding ........ Rebooted, perhaps ..... But 100% legit.

All it has to do then is bloody shave! :D

I really hope that works out for him ...... Imagine how nice it would be to open a parcel and inside: A brand new, stainless steel Darwin Deluxe ........ legitimately marked with the Darwin branding ........ Rebooted, perhaps ..... But 100% legit. All it has to do then is bloody shave! :D
If it is the same razor as the original I am by your side. If it is just a similar copy with just the brand on it, which will make the difference to other existing similar copies, I don´t think that I am interested. We have to wait until the razor`s release. By the way, what will happen to other existing Darwin copy makers, will they get trouble from now on producing razors in Darwin design? :confused::D

Sounds like the Wade and Butcher situation, and that guy was taking a beating from what I saw for daring to bring the name back..... Especially as they weren't going to be made in England!

I personally wish this guy all the best, but if there are no actual links to the old company, and he's just bought the name, then I don't have a great deal of interest.

The video shows a Darwin (?) razor, shave soap and aftershave (perhaps?).
Not clear and I see no labels... Maybe on purpose.

Hey Wishbone, do you have extra soap? Can you mail me some in an envelope please if that's acceptable by the maker? I am in Canada but will pay postage for a letter mail, just to shave twice. Please! :)

The video shows a Darwin (?) razor, shave soap and aftershave (perhaps?).
Not clear and I see no labels... Maybe on purpose.

Hey Wishbone, do you have extra soap? Can you mail me some in an envelope please if that's acceptable by the maker? I am in Canada but will pay postage for a letter mail, just to shave twice. Please! :)

Dunno, you know ........ It's Super Secret! ...... Could cause all sorts of trouble for mon ami the Darwin guy .....

I mean ....... You could like it and want to buy some ....... and I get the feeling he's happier locked in his storeroom sniffing it :D

That's a fair point, actually ........ I'll mention samples ........ everybody likes samples.......

Back
Top Bottom