Cutting into a beard

had my first de shave tonight and it feels really nice when i got used too the angle. However as i have a beard i found cutting into it very difficult as i couldnt see the lines due to the blade guard. Especially troublesome around the nose/upper lip area.
Anyone have any advice?
Thankyou
Michael

What razor are you using? What beard style do you have? Why are you cutting into it with a DE razor?
The more info you give us the better the advice.

I sport a "friendly mutton chops" which I cut in originally with electric trimmers. Maintenance does take a certain familiarity with the razor you use to know where the cutting edge is.

What razor are you using? What beard style do you have? Why are you cutting into it with a DE razor?

I sport a "friendly mutton chops" which I cut in originally with electric trimmers. Maintenance does take a certain familiarity with the razor you use to know where the cutting edge is.
Hello
It is a gillette old new stock i believe not sure of the model. I just used the de the ither day to try as i love wet shaving nore than anyother style. Ive used a straight before which is very good for the job but thought id try the de thinking it might be quicker and easier.
Do you think it would become easier in time then once i got to know the razor? Ive tried ti attach a picture

Attachments

• 9828633D-7314-42D1-A263-AD6BA183EB07.jpeg
    9828633D-7314-42D1-A263-AD6BA183EB07.jpeg
    717.6 KB · Views: 20
Hi :) that's a Gillette Tech which are fine, simple little razors, forgiving yet efficient when you get it right. Practice will make it easier, I don't really have to think about where the cutting edge of my go to razor is anymore and rarely take off any long beard hair.

Hello
It is a gillette old new stock i believe not sure of the model. I just used the de the ither day to try as i love wet shaving nore than anyother style. Ive used a straight before which is very good for the job but thought id try the de thinking it might be quicker and easier.
Do you think it would become easier in time then once i got to know the razor? Ive tried ti attach a picture

Yes it did work very well was just the line i was struggling with. Didnt know if any other razors were a bit more visible? Or if i should stick with this one. Im not looking to take a big amount of hair off with it either

I found DE razor(no matter which one) to be much more easier for shaping a beard than a cartridge. Never tried a straight razor.
I managed to find the line quite quickly and have no problems with it, i guess i memorized it.

Recently there was a video from nickshaves on YouTube about shaving while growing a beard. I think it's his last video actually, possibly therw was one after that. He lathers his whole face then does a line with his finger to create a border for shaving. Check it out, maybe it helps.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

I found DE razor(no matter which one) to be much more easier for shaping a beard than a cartridge. Never tried a straight razor.
I managed to find the line quite quickly and have no problems with it, i guess i memorized it.

Recently there was a video from nickshaves on YouTube about shaving while growing a beard. I think it's his last video actually, possibly therw was one after that. He lathers his whole face then does a line with his finger to create a border for shaving. Check it out, maybe it helps.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Thank you ill have a look at his channel. Ive never tried a cartridge whilst ive had a beard so not sure to compare but at the moment i prefer a straight to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom