Creed 'Viking'

I was reading over some reviews for this on Fragrantica when I noticed that a LARGE number of reviewers had posted, under 'Reminds Me Of', THIS......

Gary.jpg

Gary by SpongeBob SquarePants!

Apparently it's the scent 'Viking' should have been. Viking seems to about 450 Euros a bottle and Gary is about 5 Euros. I might try 'Gary'.

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/SpongeBob-Squarepants/Gary-28291.html

I was reading over some reviews for this on Fragrantica when I noticed that a LARGE number of reviewers had posted, under 'Reminds Me Of', THIS......

View attachment 30225

Gary by SpongeBob SquarePants!

Apparently it's the scent 'Viking' should have been. Viking seems to about 450 Euros a bottle and Gary is about 5 Euros. I might try 'Gary'.

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/SpongeBob-Squarepants/Gary-28291.html
You've enabled me and I've bought a bottle of Gary

I was sprayed with it in John Lewis the other day. It is very peppery and spicy though it did nothing for me and isn't one I'd go and buy.

Just updating this thread to say I've finally got round to sampling 'Viking' and I'm quite disappointed. Although I like a 'dry' scent, this is bone-dry - the scent equivalent of the texture of overcooked turkey. Pepper is omnipresent, from the first hit right through to the end and it is present to excess. The opening is one of the most confused I have ever sniffed, with wafts of mint, pepper and bread(!) coming forth - not integrated, not well-matched and not nice. Dry-down began to present what may be intended as 'woody' scents but which just come across as miscellaneous terpenes. I get tea-tree and turpentine! The ending (about 4 hours) tones down to lavender. As an added bonus, something in it makes me wheeze but that's just my allergies and not the scent's fault. In summary, I don't like it and I wouldn't buy it.

Strangely, I can understand how 'Gary' came to be mentioned in the same breath. Although the scent contents seem to have little in common, there is a certain similarity of overall tone. I like 'Gary' better TBH.

Just updating this thread to say I've finally got round to sampling 'Viking' and I'm quite disappointed. Although I like a 'dry' scent, this is bone-dry - the scent equivalent of the texture of overcooked turkey. Pepper is omnipresent, from the first hit right through to the end and it is present to excess. The opening is one of the most confused I have ever sniffed, with wafts of mint, pepper and bread(!) coming forth - not integrated, not well-matched and not nice. Dry-down began to present what may be intended as 'woody' scents but which just come across as miscellaneous terpenes. I get tea-tree and turpentine! The ending (about 4 hours) tones down to lavender. As an added bonus, something in it makes me wheeze but that's just my allergies and not the scent's fault. In summary, I don't like it and I wouldn't buy it.

Strangely, I can understand how 'Gary' came to be mentioned in the same breath. Although the scent contents seem to have little in common, there is a certain similarity of overall tone. I like 'Gary' better TBH.
I've heard the same thing. Heard it's a bit of a confused number.

Back
Top Bottom