Complete Schick G Type Injector Series

The Schick Type G series was introduced in 1946 with the Eversharp take over from the Schick Repeating Razor Company until they ceased production in the year 1955...When the Type G 1 was introduced it took over from the Type E s that ceased production in the USA in 1946...Canadian Type E Injectors however were continued to be made for many years after the Eversharp introduction of the G 1 well into the mid 1950s...:eek:

Eversharp G Type series...o_O

G1:
moulded Ivory plastic seamed handle
G2:14kt gold handle (solid metal)
G3: Gold plated ( Hollow handle )
G4: Schick 66 - blue handle, chrome textured head
G5: Turquoise handle (Often referred to as ladies Schick)
G6: Clear amber plastic handle
G8: Square, partially ribbed handle

Eversharp G Type series in numerical order ...:rolleyes:
DSC_0134_zpsfuwcmuay.jpg

Another Group shot....;)
DSC_0135_zpsnuh4syvg.jpg

The Type G series unlike the Type E series did not vary in terms of aggression...In other words there are no head variation's...They all shave pretty much the same...The build quality did vary...The early type G 1 had a better build quality than some of the later rounded neck models and the Christmas Edition Gold Type G 2 is a real heavy weight to compared to the rest of the series... :p

Eversharp Type G Identification ...:eek:
DSC_0137_zps75fspouq.jpg

The Type G can be easily identified by the numbers on the left side of the spring....The G Type has two patent numbers...1806087 and 1969945...The Type E has a single patent number..1806087...The Canadian Type E has got the same patent number as the USA Type E but has made in Canada 1937..:p

Some common misunderstands...:eek:
Some folks think that there was a mismatch of handles going on here...That couldn't be further from the truth....As a rule of thumb the Type G 1 can be identified by the Ivory Seamed handle....But here's the thing....The so called Type G 1 seamed handle was a "Clone" of the earlier "E Type handle"....Most Type E s can be identified as having a Bakelite Butterscotch handle but that's only partially correct as there was a USA made Type E 3 with an Ivory seamed handle and also some Canadian Type E s as well...o_O

USA Type E 3 & Canadian Type E with seamed handle...:cool:
DSC_0135_zpsjpemvmpl.jpg

The one above is a Canadian Type E with an Ivory seamed handle and the one below is a somewhat rarer USA made Type E 3 with a seamed handle...To muddy the waters further there was also a somewhat rare USA made Type E 4 with a Seamed Butterscotch handle and also a later Type G 1 with a Seamed Butterscotch handle....Confused ?...:p

The bottom line is that you must identify the G & E Types not by their handle colour per se but by the patent numbers as mentioned above...:D

Billy

Last edited:
I forgot to mention....You will not get the best from your G Type Injector with Current Injector Blades...The G Type can be transformed into a World Top Class Shaver with either Schick Krona, Schick Super Stainless, and Schick/Gillette Platinum Plus Blades....o_O

And that's a fact folks...:D

Billy

Last edited:
Excellent post - I have a Canadian E loaded with a Krona & have to say you can use a fair bit of pressure with the shave & guarantee yourself a damned close to BBS every time. Excellent razor!

Film trivia - if you see 'Selma', the actor playing Martin Luther King is seen using one
Yeah, I have got to say that I Love the Schick Krona blade ...Ever so smooth and as you say they are a forgiving blade that doesn't mind being provoked...This is a damned close BBS shaver combo every time for sure Sir... I am astounded that no one has attempted to replicate this blade...But they haven't...o_O

Billy

Nice info Billy. Excellent for reference.
1) So, the G2 there has a solid gold handle? Or Gold plated?
Talk about posh.
2) So, this is one of each type right?
Go on, let's see the group pictures of each type.

Excellent post - I have a Canadian E loaded with a Krona & have to say you can use a fair bit of pressure with the shave & guarantee yourself a damned close to BBS every time. Excellent razor!

Film trivia - if you see 'Selma', the actor playing Martin Luther King is seen using one

Brilliant.

Nice info Billy. Excellent for reference.
1) So, the G2 there has a solid gold handle? Or Gold plated?
Talk about posh.
2) So, this is one of each type right?
Go on, let's see the group pictures of each type.

Brilliant.
DSC_0129_zpsfjzdqr1a.jpg

Thank you...The 1946 Type G 2 at the bottom has a solid steel handle...It has a very thick 14 Karat Gold Plating...The later 1947 Type G 3 at the top has a Hollow handle & has a lesser 24 Karat Gold Plating....24 Karat Gold Plating is standard for Schick Injectors....You can see the difference in the Colour of them ..The 1946 Type G 2 is also slightly longer & a lot heavier that the Type G 3 ..Its the poshest of the two of them for sure...Both of these are quite Rare and starting to demand Very High prices..;)

Billy

Last edited:
Superb, Billy! Well done. I think I even found one of those for you. One of the shiny ones, I think.

Now, what if there was a G9? I know ... I know ... there isn't, but maybe there is. Weirder things have happened with 1912s :D
Thanks Paul..Yeah, you gave me the heads up on the Type G 3 and what a wonderful example it turned out to be...There is actually a Later Type G 1 that throws some folks with a seamed Butterscotch Handle...To muddy the waters further there was also a Type E 4 with a seamed Butterscotch Handle...They weren't Models in their own right though...They just through folks all the way to hell & back..o_O

Billy

OK, so, as you say, a nice thick plating.
That would be a bob or two today eh?
Got any idea how much that was in 1946?
Decadence in the time of rationing.

OK, so, as you say, a nice thick plating.
That would be a bob or two today eh?
Got any idea how much that was in 1946?
Decadence in the time of rationing.
I have the advert in the house...Cant find it on the net though...The price of the 14 karat Gold 1946 Christmas edition Type G 2 was 10 Dollars plus taxes...The price of the 24 karat Gold 1947 Christmas edition Type G 3 was 5 Dollars plus taxes...10 Dollars back in 1946 is about 130 Dollars in todays prices...:eek:

Bearing in mind Schick & Eversharp razors were primarily aimed towards Middle & Middle Upper Class Americans in those days...Schick Injectors became more popular with lower class Americans after Troops brought them back from the War...:D

Billy

Thanks for posting this Billy...well done. I have recently been bitten by the Schick SE bug and I am enjoying these razors very much. I have several in my collection...must dig them out and check my serial numbers.

The only sad part is, now my DEs are feeling neglected...:(

Back
Top Bottom