Colonial Razors announce GEM razor for 2018

Personally I hope it's a bit more assertive than the General, as there's really only one blade option.
I know there are carbon and rehoned or NOS, but mostly Gem SS.
They need to get it right. I have tried the Sabre L1 & ATT SE G1 and far too mild for me, could not get a decent Shave, though by shimming the ATT I get a DFS shave. Replicating the quality of shave that can be obtained with Vintage SE is a tall order.

They need to get it right. I have tried the Sabre L1 & ATT SE G1 and far too mild for me, could not get a decent Shave, though by shimming the ATT I get a DFS shave. Replicating the quality of shave that can be obtained with Vintage SE is a tall order.
Well said Mike , they were financial disaster's for me , the Sabre and ATT

Hi Derrick,
It must have been extremely galling for you, they obviously did not get testers with above average growth. See Phoenix Accoutrements have now launched their Alu Gem Razor, am standing on the sidelines with that one.
Regards-Mike

Hi Derrick,
It must have been extremely galling for you, they obviously did not get testers with above average growth. See Phoenix Accoutrements have now launched their Alu Gem Razor, am standing on the sidelines with that one.
Regards-Mike
Hi Mike , yes I was looking at it earlier , I actually had one in the basket but backed out , I think I have been mentally scarred by previous encounter's with modern Gem Razor's:(

Did either of you try the Sabre with L2 (0.9mm gap) base plate? Any better than L1?

Back
Top Bottom