Cheap shaving brush

Simple question. Can anyone recommend a decent cheap shaving brush? I know the Wilkinson Sword brush is one, but any other recommendations for about £5 or thereabouts. It's not for myself. I am trying to put together a cheap starter kit for friends and family to persuade them to get into de shaving.

Simple question. Can anyone recommend a decent cheap shaving brush? I know the Wilkinson Sword brush is one, but any other recommendations for about £5 or thereabouts. It's not for myself. I am trying to put together a cheap starter kit for friends and family to persuade them to get into de shaving.
Omega pro 49 around £7.00, great boar brush. :)

Thanks Blademonkey. This DE shaving malarkey is addictive and I want to introduce more people to it. Many though are reluctant, and it frustrates me that they are willing to spend so much money on expensive rubbish.

Thanks Blademonkey. This DE shaving malarkey is addictive and I want to introduce more people to it. Many though are reluctant, and it frustrates me that they are willing to spend so much money on expensive rubbish.
I applaud you on your quest to convert / introduce people to DE shaving, I have found out for myself that some people are just reluctant to change full stop and some even see DE shaving as a backwards step but at least you can give them the oppertunity to try and then it's up to them. :)

I got many of those cheap Chinese brush, for the price they are unbeatable.

However, since I've been in my minimalist phase I try to get rid of them but mailing them with RM to give them is more expensive than order a new one from China...

Omega pro 49 around £7.00, great boar brush. :)
This was the brush tat was recommended to me when I first ventured into the DE world.
It takes a fortnight (YMMV) to break in wit my estimation but once this is achieved it is a brush that no other could touch for the money. It is a monster of a brush that lathers soap as good as the pro's.
I would go as far to say it is the best bang for buck shaving item I have bought to date ;)

Turkish boar brushes are very inexpensive, good performance especially for face lathering, don't take long to break in, the only downside is: the handles are either wood or plastic, although they do the job but the quality and the finish on the handles are quite poor compared to Omega and Semogue.
If you have a Turkish barber where you live, they may sell, if not it is an online job.

I was buying some bits and pieces from Connaught the other day and included an Omega S series synthetic just to get the free postage. I used it for the first time this morning....and must say I was very impressed. Very cheap and excellent performance.

Back
Top Bottom