Charity shops

Hi all,
I wasn't quite sure where to post this one.
I'm keeping my eyes open for vintage shaving equipment. Charity shops seem an obvious place to start.
I know some of the larger charities are careful what they sell from a health and safety and hygiene point of view.
Could anyone enlighten me as to razors being sold?

At this time of year, car boot sales are the best place to find vintage shaving gear. Charity shops I think have health and safety issues in mind so I don't think you will find much unless you are very lucky! P.

I picked up a couple of decent lathering bowls for £2 each, but unfortunately never seen anything else except the traditional type scuttles which don't interest me in particular

I've picked up loads of stuff in charity shops. It's always worth looking in travel sets as the razors are sometimes still in them. I've got several Techs and a HD Rocket (amongst others) in this way. Vintage brushes turn up quite often too. Keep yer eyes peeled! ;)

At this time of year, car boot sales are the best place to find vintage shaving gear. Charity shops I think have health and safety issues in mind so I don't think you will find much unless you are very lucky! P.

Any ideas which carboots are good? :p I've been to a few in london and have only seen tech travel sets and rolls..

Any ideas which carboots are good? :p I've been to a few in london and have only seen tech travel sets and rolls..
Yes, there is a great on on the way to Cannock in Staffordshire, it's massive so you are bound to find something or there's EBay ,the biggest car boot sake in the world! :) P.

I've been trawling charity shops for over 20 years, long before it was 'popular', I've yet to see any 'razor' equipment in any of them.

I may get maligned for suggesting this but.......... is this anything to do with the fact that the vast majority of those who run ( sorry , supervise the goods ETC ) the charity shops are elderly ladies whose own beards suggest that they have limited knowledge of what potential lies within the shaving world?

I may get maligned for suggesting this but.......... is this anything to do with the fact that the vast majority of those who run ( sorry , supervise the goods ETC ) the charity shops are elderly ladies whose own beards suggest that they have limited knowledge of what potential lies within the shaving world?
:D:D:D

I've managed to pick up a few shaving items, in the main travelling sets from the 50's and 60's. The one with the Ever Ready I sent on to Mr . Blademonkey was ex charity shop.

In general though I find they are wising up to the collectors and the prices are less charitable than the shops. Vinyl record prices are silly in some shops.

Back
Top Bottom