hi all I tried cella shaving cream and the cella aftershave balm for the first time yesterday the cream smells really nice in the tub but once it was on my face it was a sweet sickly smell I couldn't imagine using this every day like some people do, also the cream wasn't very thick it was ok but thin and it took me quite a while to get a lather going I face lathered it so might be different if bowl lathered so anyway I shaved with it ( there wasn't very good slickness for the blade to glide on either) then put the aftershave balm on and it stung my face this is no good for me (i normally use nivea post shave balm) I had to wash it of wasn't a very good shave at all and iv gave the cream & the balm away to my cousin , I have vitos red super extra almond shaving soap which people compare cella to let me tell you vitos is ten times better in every way... whats your experience been like with cella ?

Do you mean the cella soft soap ? Do you have a pic ?

If it s the red bowl than it s good stuff and sells for nothing in italy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 24764
yes its the red bowl , it is only cheap here in England to i no a lot of people like it just no good for me

I live in uk too, i just happened to be in rome a week ago.

Cella has a cult following it in the other shaving forums. I understand it s also big in italy.

I used an entire red tin and it was good stuff. I would buy again if i did not have so many soaps and cream to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my favourite cream.
I personally love the smell, but it is obviously a individual personal preference !
I find that if I load the brush up well after soaking and mix up in a scuttle, gradually dribbling water onto it; I get a really lovely lather !
The lather whips up like a meringue and easily lasts for three full passes with a nice slickness.
Will definitely buy again when it runs out, but again; each to their own !

Cella (the red tub) is in my top 5 shaving soaps/creams. Lathers easily, is super slick and offers great protection. For me the scent is strongest in the tub, but once lathered it gets very mild. Considering its price to quality ratio it must be one of the best buys around. The almond scent does seem to be a 'love it or hate it' type thing though.

Back
Top Bottom