This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cargo shorts

Discussion in 'The Dressing Room' started by isaiah53, Sunday May 14, 2017.

1. isaiah53

isaiah53

looking for a pair for my hols, any recommendations?

wouldnt mind a zipped pocket in them somewhere :)

2. I like the Helikon BDU shorts, no zipped pocket but a good cut and tough as old boots (check the buttons though!).
    Been looking at the Alpkit and Craghopper options for a more tech option but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

isaiah53 likes this.
  3. Craghopper are very good and have zipped front pockets behind the normal pocket, good price too . Amazon or most outdoor shops.

isaiah53 and Luckypip like this.
  4. Luckypip

Luckypip

I would second Craghoppers, they are well made, strong and really last !

Blademonkey and isaiah53 like this.
  5. isaiah53

isaiah53

why check the buttons? :)

Blademonkey likes this.
  6. It seems to be the one weak point in Helikon's stuff - sewing on buttons. So I always check and re-sew as needed when I get anything from them. A stitch in time saves wandering around with your fly gaping open, or something like that.

isaiah53 and Blademonkey like this.
  7. David68

David68

Totally agree. I have had mine for years and they are still going strong

isaiah53 and Blademonkey like this.
  8. It's a bit of a weak point on the Craghoppers too! Only the second time on and pop off it came, it's not comming off now! :)

Count of Undolpho likes this.
  9. Jel999

Jel999

10. 5.11s have been the same for me as well, Blackhawk on the other hand never a problem.

Blademonkey likes this.
  11. isaiah53

isaiah53

have you had any experience of their cpu or utl shorts? been looking at those ones too.

12. Sorry just the BDUs and the SFU trousers. I'd happily buy them again over the 5.11 or the Blackhawk as the difference in quality isn't reflected in the price.

isaiah53 likes this.
  13. isaiah53

isaiah53

how do you find the sizing of the helikon shorts? ive been looking at reviews on amazon and there seems mixed views about sizing.

14. I'm 6' with a 32" waist and maybe a 32-33" inside leg. I usually get the M size and adjust down to my waist size, there's room either way from there maybe 31.5" to 33"? I got the long in the SFU trousers and to be honest they were too long and I'd go for a regular next time, always a bit Russian Roulette leg length. The BDU shorts come down to my knees 11" leg?

isaiah53 likes this.
  15. isaiah53

isaiah53

thank you :)

16. Johnus

Johnus

Be careful with the Cargo Pants and Air Travel. Last time I wore a light cotton pair for travel, I passed the 'metal detector' and the X-ray but was still taken aside for a Pat Down. When I asked why, I was told that they were told to do it with everyone wearing Cargo Pants. Or maybe he just like me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Just you...

JohnnyO likes this.
  18. Bogeyman

Bogeyman

19. Rufus likes this.