Best UK Artisan Soap to try next?

So gents..

Just wondering what your favourite UK artisan soap maker is?
I have a bunch of soap to get through at the minute and tend to favour harder tallow soaps over all others (DR Harris, Valobra,Haslinger) , though that said there are some great veggie soaps available.

So my question is..if I was going to buy just ONE soap from one of the UK soap makers..who would it be? (Yes I know ONE right!)

*OSP
* Phoenix and Beau
* Wickhams 1912 (I have tried Darron's Super Smooth and was very impressed)

I am not including NSS as I have tried it (and their Tallow is excellent)

So fire away gents.. and thanks in advance!

Oh and if I have forgotten any feel free to suggest!

Well...I have only tried P&B of the list mentioned. That being said, Sanskrit was my first 'proper' soap and it was good enough for me to justify buying Spitfire, Star Noir, Citra Royale and Albion... I'm waiting on the latter two to arrive but I've never had issues with lathering, post-shave feel or scents etc. from any of them. That being said, I am keen to try OSP Grapefruit and Menthol. On the same page, however, I do also want P&B Denali and am intrigued by the new seasonal soaps they have planned for later this year.

Well...I have only tried P&B of the list mentioned. That being said, Sanskrit was my first 'proper' soap and it was good enough for me to justify buying Spitfire, Star Noir, Citra Royale and Albion... I'm waiting on the latter two to arrive but I've never had issues with lathering, post-shave feel or scents etc. from any of them. That being said, I am keen to try OSP Grapefruit and Menthol. On the same page, however, I do also want P&B Denali and am intrigued by the new seasonal soaps they have planned for later this year.

Diolch Benz3ne Will bear that in mind.

I haven't tried the new(ish) OSP cream but I have bought and used the rest of what's currently out there. Wickham 1912 is my favoured option by a sizeable margin. In fact, 1912 may be 'vegetal' but there's a strong chance that it will make you reevaluate tallow-free soaps.

Edit: Wickham 1912 is the only British artisan soap that remains in my collection - alongside soaps from Martin de Candre, Mike's, Eufros, Cold River Soap Works and L&L Grooming. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:
As an aside, is it just me or are there actually a limited number of UK artisan soaps.

After the following, where do you go?

*OSP
* Phoenix and Beau
* Wickhams 1912
* NSS.

I have to say, I can't wait to get tapped into the p&B and Wickhams. Such good feedback.

I have 8 Wickham 1912 scents in my rotation to give you an understanding in when I say Wickhams is the best IMHO, i've really based this on all the winning factors for me of lather, slickness, ease of use, post skin feel, scent, kindness to skin. 1912 above all is constant in all its positive factors that we all look for in the base of a soap and all you need to do is decide on a flavour lol. For me its either 24 Classic or my one of a kind English Rose.

Back
Top Bottom