Best Got Better

I managed to fanagle some of this and let me ring your bell on this one: incredible!! I have never had better performance in any soap that I have ever used. Obviously, as a tallow soap it requires more water than their non-tallow soaps, but to be fair their non-tallow is IMO only matched by the B&M Reserve line of soaps (that I have tried). I want to test it further obviously before I make any "over the top" claims such as best extant. Maggard's should have this one in stock ASAP.

I managed to fanagle some of this and let me ring your bell on this one: incredible!! I have never had better performance in any soap that I have ever used. Obviously, as a tallow soap it requires more water than their non-tallow soaps, but to be fair their non-tallow is IMO only matched by the B&M Reserve line of soaps (that I have tried). I want to test it further obviously before I make any "over the top" claims such as best extant. Maggard's should have this one in stock ASAP.

Maggards don't stock Sudsy Soapery.

I haven't read your links yet but I'd seen a review and it was only in one scent, I think it was described as washing up liquid lemon.
I'm a big fan of their veggie base and hopefully the tallow will have other scents.
Maggards don't stock Sudsy Soapery.
They do, it's under T for The Sudsy Soapery.

Edit: Sorry it was described as "Lemon Pledge" not washing up liquid:

Last edited:
https://www.maggardrazors.com/product/the-sudsy-soapery-uplift-artisan-shaving-soap-5-5oz/

Yes Boru62, it's a bright lemon frag which is great for where I live as it's usually hotter than the hubs of Hell with jungle like humidity. :eek: That said, their non-tallow Lavender & Peppermint that you have is their best scent with White Sage & Lime in the running IMO. I have a sample of their Rose & Black Pepper as well and although I am not crazy about rose it really is well done if that's your cup of tea.

https://www.maggardrazors.com/product/the-sudsy-soapery-uplift-artisan-shaving-soap-5-5oz/

Yes Boru62, it's a bright lemon frag which is great for where I live as it's usually hotter than the hubs of Hell with jungle like humidity. :eek: That said, their non-tallow Lavender & Peppermint that you have is their best scent with White Sage & Lime in the running IMO. I have a sample of their Rose & Black Pepper as well and although I am not crazy about rose it really is well done if that's your cup of tea.
I'm afraid, Arko has put me off synthetic lemon soap, but if it doesn't smell like that I might be tempted.
The Rose & Black Pepper was the next one on my radar.

Well, I had my first shave with Uplift and like it's veggie sibling it's easy to overload the brush, unlike the veggie version it's pretty thirsty.
Performance? Top notch.
Post Shave? Ditto.
It would be nice if they introduced an autumn/winter scent but if not, I'll still be using this in January and February.

Back
Top Bottom