Best badger brush for the money.

What would you recommend up to 50£ as a '' chunky '' feel badger brush? I have got the amazon cheapy abd it looses hair with every shave. I am looking for a good replacement without spending too much money...

Thanks in advance[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I may have to get one of these for myself, the first flush of excitement I ignored because I thought it may have been the next best thing to buy over hyped bit of kit but it seems to have stood the test of time and folk are still raving about them.
So my next off the shelf brush may well be a Masteo, maybe a two band silvertip HD with a black or butterscotch handle . :) P.

I may have to get one of these for myself, the first flush of excitement I ignored because I thought it may have been the next best thing to buy over hyped bit of kit but it seems to have stood the test of time and folk are still raving about them.
So my next off the shelf brush may well be a Masteo, maybe a two band silvertip HD with a black or butterscotch handle . :) P.
Forget Badger go for a quality synthetic like Muhle, Edwin Jagger. Better than any animal hair without all the fuss

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Forget Badger go for a quality synthetic like Muhle, Edwin Jagger. Better than any animal hair without all the fuss

Thankyou very much for your advice, I resisted synthetic brushes for a long time but after a good while I thought there must be something good going on after all the good feedback regarding them so I bought a couple of Razorock synthetic brushes and although I found them to be very good and will lather a brick, I still prefer Boar and Badger and I don't find them to be hard to look after but this is just my humble opinion and I am sure there are many other's that hold your opinion and that's what make's shaving a really personal thing. Now I have the best of all world's, Boar Badger and Synthetic. P.

Last edited:
Thankyou very much for your advice, I resisted synthetic brushes for a long time but after a good while I thought there must be something good going on after all the good feedback regarding them so I bought a couple of Razorock synthetic brushes and although I found them to be very good and will lather a brick I still prefer Boar and Badger and I don't find them to be hard to look after but this is just my humble opinion and I am sure there are many other's that hold your opinion and that's what make's shaving a really personal thing. Now I have the best of all world's, Boar Badger and Synthetic. P.
Yes indeed. Fair comment[emoji106]

You know what, I bought one of those nasty looking plastic 'shaving sets' from evilbay, purely for the brush stand. It also came with a puny little bowl and a 'pure badger' brush. The whole lot cost around £6.00 and the brush is unbelievably good! My TOBS brush sheds more hairs than this and in fact, I used it tonight for a quick face lather shave. It was...just...erm...really, really good!

Back
Top Bottom