Barrister & Mann

Anyone care to comment on how these soaps perform? Particularly interested in "Seville", "Glissant", "Cologne Russe" & "Lavanille"...

Would have to import from Maggard USA, likely to be hit with import duty I guess?

You are usually alright with maggards, order four tops!

I have all them soaps and they are incredible, glissant is a type of formula and not a scent
Highly recommended, cologne as the name says is a complex scent and superb, Lavanille is a dark one! But very addictive and Seville is a citrus barbershop

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Glissant is the formula. Currently one of four, including Latha (cheap, simpler), Reserve (complicated, expensive) and White Label (presumably to be phased out).

Seville is a citrusy barbershop scent that everybody bar me seems to like. Lavanille is a portmanteau of lavender and vanilla - taking design cue from Caron Pour Un Homme. Cologne Russe is probably my favourite of the three but ought to be sampled - design cue being Guerlain's Cuir de Russe.

Anyone care to comment on how these soaps perform? Particularly interested in "Seville", "Glissant", "Cologne Russe" & "Lavanille"...

I had a Seville in Glissant mode, but a friend wanted it so bad after smelling it I sold it. Fantastic soap & B&M is easily in the top three best U.S. artisans. I have samples (all Glissant) of their La Grande Chypre, Cologne Russe & finally Lavanille. La Grande Chypre reminds me somewhat of P&B Spitfire scentwise. The Cologne Russe is somewhat weaker, but still vibrant. But, the Lavanille is simply beyond words!! You will either love or hate the scent, I guarantee. There is no middle ground. In a way it reminds me of Pinaud Reserve Cologne which is not for the weak of heart. I also guarantee that Lavanille smells and looks like no other soap. It is dark brown and has vanilla, but your mom's sugar cookies sweet it ain't. Very earthy & "dirty" in a manner. For my nose at least it is absolutely narcotizing. It reminds me of a hometown barbershop I visited as a kid as it smelled like this. The lather is brown as well. I have never used a better shave soap. It's that damn good. ;)

Here's a non-Yank take on it:

Back
Top Bottom